Author Topic: Two Control Towers  (Read 5779 times)

roydeforrest

Two Control Towers
« on: April 21, 2012, 12:42:22 am »
Ciao Humberto
First of all congratulations for the fine products you have. Just bought and installed KLAX and KJFK and I am delighted and intend to buy all other scenery's by FSDT.

1.Just a question refering the second control tower at KJFK right next to the original. I have the scenery installed on my Home Simulator Computer and since this morning on my laptop. I get the second Tower on my laptop. Any ideas?? I probably did something wrong!!

2. My Home Simulator Computer is very powerfull, I run AI Traffic at 100 percent. Large airports also have lots of traffic, but at KLAX I only get very small planes and not a single large aircraft. At KJFK I get basically very, very little traffic aswell. Compared to other sceneries, these airports look dead of traffic.
Probably, is something not too important and even nothing to do with FSDT but maybe, just maybe you can help?

Da Los Angeles
Grazie Mille
Roy DeForrest

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Two Control Towers
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 09:55:08 am »
1.Just a question refering the second control tower at KJFK right next to the original. I have the scenery installed on my Home Simulator Computer and since this morning on my laptop. I get the second Tower on my laptop. Any ideas?? I probably did something wrong!!

As a general rule, whenever you have "double something", it ALWAYS a problem of another AFCAD of another scenery showing. This, assuming you haven't moved the scenery from the topmost position in the Scenery Library, which is were the installer puts it.

On FS9 you can find duplicate AFCADs using the free ScanAFD utility.

I run AI Traffic at 100 percent. Large airports also have lots of traffic, but at KLAX I only get very small planes and not a single large aircraft. At KJFK I get basically very, very little traffic aswell. Compared to other sceneries, these airports look dead of traffic.

The sceneries are made assuming most of users have add-one AI traffic products with models having their atc_airline_codes in the aircraft.cfg correctly set.

If your AI don't have them, or you are using default traffic, this is to be expected.