Author Topic: GSX v AES  (Read 9720 times)

Paul Humphries

• FSOpen
GSX v AES
« on: April 24, 2012, 05:38:41 pm »
I keep seeing post like this on different forums.

"I am looking in get one of these, and don't know which to get.
Need some advice."

For those out there not sure maybe look at 1 massive reason to go for GSX.

1. AES you have to keep buying credits to use at more airports, so the more airports you want to use it at the more it will cost you! Buy GSX just the once!

I'm sure other supporters can add their 2 cents..  ;)

StevenK

Re: GSX v AES
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 08:57:00 pm »
i would also recommend GEX because it works with ALL default and addon scenery without having to buy credits.
yes AES has a few more options to play with but for a program to work straight out of the box without having to buy more credits is just perfect
i only just bought GSX today and i love it and have already recommended it to all the members on my virtual airline
Steven Kiberton
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz | Coolermaster Hyper TX3 | ASUS Motherboard M5A 78L-M | 16GB DDR3 RAM | EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1gb PCI Express DDR3 DVI HDMI | 750w Corsair AX750 | 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD | x2 - 20" WideScreen Monitors

booforty

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 12:35:34 pm »
AES was brilliant, an ingenious product and the best airport services addon UNTIL GSX came along.  

The problem with AES is that even if you bought credits, the airports you want to use them at are not always made AES compatible.  You can request certain airports to be made AES compatible but that does not mean they will be done.  I have experienced this and waited for certain airports without any luck for some time.

My biggest gripe with AES is the lack of communication from the developers regarding which new airports are being made AES compatible, what new features are being developed, whether certain requests are being taken onboard or whether they are possible or not.  I find I'm always guessing what they are up to and hoping and waiting with no news, no updates and feel that customers are in the hands of what the AES developers want to do.

AES still has a big market though for FS9 users.

The magic of GSX is that it works at every single airport all of the time!  As soon as a new airport scenery is released, GSX works at that airport immediately.  With AES you have to wait for AES to be made compatible for each airport and there is no guarantee each airport you want will be done.

GSX has taken FSX realism to a new level and I can honestly say it is the best FSX addon available TODAY by a mile.  Also, GSX is constantly being updated and developed to implement new features which is fantastic, so the GSX world is constantly changing and improving.

Communication from FSDT is fantastic.  EVERY question raised on the forum is answered promptly and customers are kept fully informed about future developments, improvements, new features and requests and suggestions are acknowledged almost every day. Regular communication with your customers is key, particularly for such a major product such as an airport services addon.  I commend FSDT for communicating with their customers so openly and honestly.

So, if I were you, spend the best €29.90 you will ever spend on an FSX addon :) ;D

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 01:14:02 pm by booforty »

DrumsArt

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 02:20:01 pm »
@Booforty

I can't say it better...

Regards,

Richard Portier
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 PRO 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.1|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|GSX|ORBX