Author Topic: Love GSX! Could you possibly make the Jetways operate at KSFO-X?  (Read 4959 times)

rsm2000e

• B738 Pilot AAL-211 YouTube Channel rsm2000e
    • Visit my YouTube Channel today!
Hi Umberto!

HUGE fan of GSX!  SOOOO cool!  And each time you do an update, I see improvement!  It's GREAT!  I have recommend it to all my friends that fly FSX.  Way better than AES product.  Now, I know the Jetway at KSFO is 'non-moving' by default (from reading the forum).  I know that AES product cause the jetway to animate.  It seems your product and AES product are very similar.  I only run GSX since it came out.  I have buy all the FSDreamteam airports (KLAX, KORD, KJFK, etc).  You don't make KSFO.  Would you consider maybe figure out a way to animate the jetways at KSFO for those of us who are big fans of GSX and don't want to use AES just for ONE airport (?) please ??

Thank you for considering my idea.
Robert M.  California

Orion

Re: Love GSX! Could you possibly make the Jetways operate at KSFO-X?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 03:06:51 am »
GSX doesn't modify jetway behavior.  Umberto has stated, I believe, that they are interested in replacing the default jetway system, but not anytime in the near future.

FlightBeam is currently working on Phoenix Sky Harbor, which will have animated jetways.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 02:59:37 pm »
We firmly believe that, since animated jetways are a standard FSX feature that works at every default airport, they should be provided as standard with a payware scenery.

This doesn't have anything to do with the fact that AES ones work better and some users would be ok paying extra for better jetways, but at least the default functionality should be provided, possibly with the option to use AES too.

Some developers are more enlightened than others: UK2000 already did that for a while, and Flightbeam is also following up for the next scenery. I'm fairly sure that, with GSX out, more and more users will press their favorite developer to do the right thing, and include animated jetways in their upcoming products.

rsm2000e

• B738 Pilot AAL-211 YouTube Channel rsm2000e
    • Visit my YouTube Channel today!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 08:24:57 pm »
We firmly believe that, since animated jetways are a standard FSX feature that works at every default airport, they should be provided as standard with a payware scenery.

This doesn't have anything to do with the fact that AES ones work better and some users would be ok paying extra for better jetways, but at least the default functionality should be provided, possibly with the option to use AES too.

Some developers are more enlightened than others: UK2000 already did that for a while, and Flightbeam is also following up for the next scenery. I'm fairly sure that, with GSX out, more and more users will press their favorite developer to do the right thing, and include animated jetways in their upcoming products.

I could not agree more, Umberto!  Well put!
I am going to get on Flightbeam about KSFO-X... there's 'no excuse' for the missing animation on the jetways!  It's MIND BOGGLING that they omitted it!

Robert M.
California