Author Topic: [FIX INCLUDED] Missing roadway entry pylon night textures (and others)  (Read 27299 times)

CaptKornDog

Just noticed this (not sure why I didn't before since I've had LAX for a few months).  Tried a fresh uninstall and reinstall of v1.3 to no avail.

Any chance anyone has an insight or fix to this?

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9387/image4oxj.jpg

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:16:52 pm by CaptKornDog »

CaptKornDog

Re: Missing roadway entry pylon night textures
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 03:58:34 am »
Bump. Please.  Virtuali, I saw you edited my post...can you help me please?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:03:38 am by CaptKornDog »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 09:28:45 am »
We'll check this, nobody has reported this before.

CaptKornDog

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 08:26:53 am »
Thank you, I'd appreciate any assistance you can offer.

CaptKornDog

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 03:51:10 am »
Any progress on this?  It's really throwing the environment off at night since they are pretty prominent landmarks.

I also seem to be missing some night fence textures:

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/6074/image2bt.jpg

It's odd since I've reinstalled twice, defraggred, and registry cleaned in between with the same effect.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:56:13 am by CaptKornDog »

CaptKornDog

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 06:42:03 pm »
Does anyone know at least what file the night textures are contained in so I can check if I even have the correct file?

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 09:31:50 pm »
We'll have a look at it, sorry but we couldn't find much time for FS9 right now, but it will be looked at.

CaptKornDog

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 06:12:22 am »
We'll have a look at it, sorry but we couldn't find much time for FS9 right now, but it will be looked at.

Thank you.

In the meantime, does anyone know where the night textures might be stored here for the pylons?  A file name, or list of file names that should come with the install?  Anything?

Thanks.

CaptKornDog

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 01:21:18 am »
My LAX texture file appears to have 182 files in it.  Can anyone compare with theirs and at least let me know if that's the correct number (so I can isolate if this is a corrupted file or if I'm missing a texture completely)?

Thanks.

pfragoso

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 01:24:45 am »
My LAX texture file appears to have 182 files in it.  Can anyone compare with theirs and at least let me know if that's the correct number (so I can isolate if this is a corrupted file or if I'm missing a texture completely)?

Thanks.

Hi, I've found some time to look at FS9  ;)  

I can confirm my texture folder has 182 files and I have the same issue as you. (besides alignment problems on the ground polygon and some blurry textures, but I believe those are features we must accept as we are so fortunate to be blessed with a FS9 version of this scenery.

Best regards

CaptKornDog

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 10:37:06 pm »
Great to hear I'm not the only one with the missing pylon night textures!  Thanks for the reply!

CaptKornDog

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 03:26:58 pm »
Hello,

Any chance there are any updates to this?  (It's been about two months since I've heard anything).

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 04:01:24 pm »
It's on the to-do list of things that will have to be addressed by the scenery developer, as soon CYVR gets released. I'm sorry, but you have to accept the fact that support for FS9 products is not given the highest priority, especially for issues like these, which are mainly cosmetic.

CaptKornDog

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 05:14:44 pm »
It's on the to-do list of things that will have to be addressed by the scenery developer, as soon CYVR gets released. I'm sorry, but you have to accept the fact that support for FS9 products is not given the highest priority, especially for issues like these, which are mainly cosmetic.

I understand that you, as an organization, are busy.  However, unfortunately, I'd have to say that any scenery I purchase is a cosmetic product for FS and I would expect cosmetics to be a priority.  If it gives it higher priority or eases with troubleshooting, I see the exact same problem in FSX (FS9 is just my main simulator).  I can post this thread in the FSX forum as well, if it helps.

Since I understand the team is developing CYVR, this is why I asked above where night textures for pylons reside so I can at least see if a) I have the file and b) perhaps do some of my own troubleshooting.  I would imagine this would take 10 minutes or less to track down and allow me to provide more information on the problem; hence remove some of the burden of customer support from FSDT.

Thank you.  I continue to look forward to a resolution (even after CYVR) so I can fully enjoy the product I paid for, especially at night.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 05:46:09 pm »
However, unfortunately, I'd have to say that any scenery I purchase is a cosmetic product for FS and I would expect cosmetics to be a priority.

That's your own priority, which is not necessarily the one and only. We give functionality a larger priority that such cosmetic issues ESPECIALLY in FS9, see below.

If it gives it higher priority or eases with troubleshooting, I see the exact same problem in FSX (FS9 is just my main simulator).  I can post this thread in the FSX forum as well, if it helps.

No, FSX doesn't show the problem. It can't show the problem to begin with, because pylons in FSX are handled in an entirely different way than FS9, as an interactive "program" running in the Couatl interpreter, while in FS9 they are standard static object.

This is of course confirmed by the attached FSX screenshot which I've just made now so, I can confirm this is an FS9 ONLY problem and, as such, ON TOP of being just a cosmetic issue, it's an FS9-only issue and it's the COMBINATION of being "cosmetic and FS9 only" which gave it a lesser priority.

A cosmetic-only issue in FSX would have already been fixed.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 05:55:17 pm by virtuali »