Author Topic: KORD double tower, double Hilton Hotel...  (Read 10106 times)

testudo76

KORD double tower, double Hilton Hotel...
« on: April 13, 2012, 11:02:39 am »
I recently downloaded this scenario ver.2.1
As you can see in the screenshot attached I noticed a small issue, I have two control towers and twin buildings, such as the Hilton hotel and oither minor building. It 's just my problem? ??? In that case I would like to know if there is a solution to correct these problems.
Thank you for your support.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:04:17 am by testudo76 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD double tower, double Hilton Hotel...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:07:06 am »
Whenever you see double things, the problem is always caused by another scenery, usually it's another AFCAD for KORD. They might also come with traffic package products, like My Traffic.

You can use the free FSX Airport Scanner program, to look for AFCAD duplicates for KORD, and remove all the extra except the default one and the FSDT one.

testudo76

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 11:17:44 am »
Whenever you see double things, the problem is always caused by another scenery, usually it's another AFCAD for KORD. They might also come with traffic package products, like My Traffic.

You can use the free FSX Airport Scanner program, to look for AFCAD duplicates for KORD, and remove all the extra except the default one and the FSDT one.

I'm using mytraffic , thanks for the suggestion I will try to rename the afcad file in the mytraffic scenery folder.

testudo76

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 11:40:37 am »
I renamed the AFCAD file in the scenery folder on mytrafficX as you suggest but the issue is still there. There is no way to remove the default scenery below? I am convinced that the problem is that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 01:23:35 pm »
I renamed the AFCAD file in the scenery folder on mytrafficX as you suggest but the issue is still there

This means that wasn't the only AFCAD in conflict. As I've said, use the FSX Airport Scanner program to be sure there aren't any other.

There is no way to remove the default scenery below? I am convinced that the problem is that

No, it's not and, in fact, you shouldn't remove the default scenery, because the KORD AFCAD is *designed* to work together with it so, unless you modified it, they have to be both active.

Something like that might happen if you opened the default AFCAD with a non entirely compliant AFCAD editor (for example the old AFCAD utility for FS9), make some changes, and save it back. Doing this with the old AFCAD utility would create lots of issues.

If you haven't done anything of the sort, then it's sure there's another scenery in conflict. Of course, be sure the FSDT KORD layer in the Scenery Library is ABOVE any other layer that might contain conflicting sceneries. If unsure, just put it on the topmost layer.

testudo76

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 09:07:55 pm »
I followed your advice and I slid the first layer 1 of the scenario KORD fsdreamteam, But unfortunately the problem remains nothing to do there. At this point I'm thinking it might be a problem with UT USA? I'm not sure what the problem is because all the UT layers I put as suggested in the guide much lower just above FSGLOBAL 2010.
 It 's very strange ... because even trying to turn off the layer UT USA airports the problem persists.
 What is the program that I could start to see if there are other AFCAD files that conflict? I usually use ADE to open and edit files AFCAD but perhaps in my case it can not 'help.
Thanks Andrea for a hint.

testudo76

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 01:51:22 am »
Found the issue is due to GSX!!!
I uninstall it and now KORD does not have double tower double buildings.
Now I reinstall the GSX 1.4 version and the problem return.
This is the issue. Try please you too.

D_mitris

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 04:09:20 am »
Just a quick question.  Are you possibly using U.S. Cities Chicago scenery by Aerosoft?  I had the same issue with double towers and double gates and the only solution I found was to unclick U.S. Cities Chicago in the Scenery Library.

Hope that helps.

testudo76

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 10:49:51 pm »
D_Mitris that was really the problem!!! You are number 1.
The afcad inside US Cities ! I use also USCITIES Chicago and now cuting off the KORD afcad inside that scenery all works perfectly!
Very fine Thanks a lot !

D_mitris

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 07:14:24 am »
Glad to help.  I did not find a way to use U.S. Cities Chicago in any configuration I tried so I removed it since the built in AFCAD interferes with any FSDT airport scenery AFCAD.

I tried setting it in different order in the library but nothing helped so I deleted it.  It was also a deal breaker since U.S. Cities chicago did not have any night textures.   If you get it to work for you let me know.

testudo76

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 12:03:08 pm »
You're right. Actually are active only the night textures for minor buildings and roads but in the downtown area is not present night lighting.
For the rest I know that all of the scenarios UsCities from Aerosoft have no lighting at night (except Las Vegas) but they are well made and can be used well in terms of VFR flight.
I will disable rather than delete it because I found a significant drop frames during approach to KORD.

copilot767

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 11:34:21 am »
I had the same problem..With double towers and deafult terminals mixed with FSDT terminals.

Renamed AF2_KORD.BGL in USCities/chicago / scenery   to   AF2_KORD.OFF..

And MAGIC .. the problem disseapeared.

Chris from Denmark

D_mitris

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 06:31:03 pm »
does the same work for KMDW airport?  I no longer have the scenery installed but I do own the Vegas one and came across the same issues but in Vegas it was worse.   Believe it or not the Vegas FSX default scenery is better than Vegas aerosoft. 

Crashdive

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 08:36:06 pm »
I had the same problem..With double towers and deafult terminals mixed with FSDT terminals.

Renamed AF2_KORD.BGL in USCities/chicago / scenery   to   AF2_KORD.OFF..

And MAGIC .. the problem disseapeared.

Chris from Denmark

Sweet! That worked!  Thanx