Author Topic: Jetway leveling  (Read 4694 times)

winky

Jetway leveling
« on: April 11, 2012, 07:10:02 pm »
Sir,
I apologize if is described somewere else but i have been googling and I could not find a solution.
the issue : floating and under basment jetway weels, erroneous placment of jetway onto the plane, only the front airplane weel in rare occasion vibrate as if it was not placed 'on ground' (this last tested only with QW 752)

This issue happen when I use:
- Geneva APT for fsx
- Slightly on Zurich APT for fsx
and Not on Milano Malpensa APT Malpensa SimGiant
and Not on Cloud9 Rome APT

Airplane models used :
- QW 752
- Pmdg MD11
- Fl1-LVD 763er

Jetway tested :
- Heavy
- Medium
- Small

Add on installed
(scenary related)
- Gex, Fex2,Utx, Landclass (for all of them all the world is installed on fsx but only europe is enabled)
(Traffic related)
UT trafficX II sp1 (+airound and supertrafficboard)

Please someone can teach me the correct sequence on the scenary.cfg?

ty very much for help.

Picture 1: Jetway weels under basment (curiosity : that tube is extended by itself by default and no plane is docked at it; in transparency Alitalia MD11 as per Pic4)
Picture 2: Too High and don't center door (L/R)
Picture 3: Jetway structural weels & service stairs are flying, front Airplane weel is 'bumping' Jetwaytube not centered and too high
Picture 4: Jetway not perfectly centered on the door, flying Jetway external service stairs and structural weels.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 09:03:04 pm by winky »
Andrea

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway leveling
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 09:02:54 pm »
I apologize if is described somewere else but i have been googling and I could not find a solution. the issue : floating and under basment jetway weels, erroneous placment of jetway onto the plane, only the front airplane weel in rare occasion vibrate as if it was not placed 'on ground' (this last tested only with QW 752)

Yes, it has been discussed many times already, and it doesn't really have anything to do with the scenery, it's a bug of the FSX jetway system, specifically the wheel lock on ground method, it's a confirmed FSX bug:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?p=71060#post71060

Torgo3000 (Adrian Woods) is one of the original FSX developers. We can't do much to fix it, other then possibly replacing the system with something entirely custom, and then patching all our existing sceneries to use it. It's something that we are planning to do in the future, but for the time being we have to live with it.

winky

Re: Jetway leveling
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 09:06:35 pm »
Ty Umberto,
I love propositive way to think.
Really ty.

LOL At least I do hope that in those faboulos transparent tubes (Jetway) soon lot of GSX Passengers will go trought it. heheheh

ciao
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 09:11:57 pm by winky »
Andrea