Author Topic: FS9 ver installs into FSX  (Read 4870 times)

Keyno

FS9 ver installs into FSX
« on: May 12, 2008, 07:42:59 am »
Hi

Just d/l the exe today, and the install goes for FSX each time. I have no say in directing the installer to the correct version of FS. Also tried the FSX ver, and it installs correctly to FSX. Right now im only interested in the FS9 version.  Thanks for the help. Oh, almost forgot, i do have the Zurich for FSX installed. Thanks.

Keyno

FSXForever

Re: FS9 ver installs into FSX
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 08:49:34 am »
you made sure you downloaded the right installer? or if not get a registery tool fixer

Keyno

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 10:50:04 am »
Checked the registry, Zurich is there. FS9 starts up fine, registry fine also. Yes, i used the correct installer. Strange eh? Hopefully some one will have a clue why this happens.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 01:13:15 pm »
Another program probably changed the registry for FS9 to point to FSX folder. This might be useful to "fool" installers made for FS9, to install into FSX.

You can fix your registry, by using regedit and look for this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0

ExePath key

Edit it with the correct path for FS9, then run our installer again.

Keyno

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 06:02:54 pm »
Oh boy, your so right. I rechecked the registry, and i found this..HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/MICROSOFT GAMES/Flight Simulator/9.0...fsx. Forgot there are two entries in the registry, HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/MICROSOFT GAMES/Flight Simulator/9.0....FS9   Ok that fixed it, NOT!! haha  Clicked on the Ohare.exe and it couldn't find FS9.exe Tried the Flight1 registry fix, couldn't find the FS9.0 exe. Its all my fault, new PC, copied over re-installed FS9(to save all that re-installing of FS addons)and ran FS9 update, and this is what i did wrong..named it FS9.1.exe..dahhh Was using the no CD crack.  Boy do i feel silly. Thanks for the help.