Author Topic: Anaglyph screenshots  (Read 6361 times)

crim3

Anaglyph screenshots
« on: May 10, 2008, 06:57:06 pm »
I have done some screenshots in anaglyph mode. They have a very bad quality, but at least anybody can see them with red/cyan glasses. Just to give an idea of how it looks like in stereoscopic.

Remember that this is not representative of the full color stereo images that my HMD displays, it's just to show that it is possible, just in case that some likes the idea. I discovered all this thing about stereo 3D gaming only a year and a half ago.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 12:13:45 am by virtuali »

FSXForever

Re: Anaglyph screenshots
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 12:07:32 am »
this isn't the screenshot section, post in the RIGHTsection

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 12:15:43 am »
I wish I could get my video card working with anaglyph 3D, but I just can't get it to work.

My card is an Nvidia 8600 GTS.

I think the card itself is probably capable of it, but Nvidia seem to have abandoned support for anaglyph with all the recent versions of their Control Panels, and I've no idea how else to set it up without a Control Panel to configure it.

Any advice?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 12:17:47 am by Voodoo »
FSX Community Tweaks and Fixes at Voodoo's Hangar - voodoo.wikispaces.com

crim3

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 12:12:31 pm »
Sorry for the mistake. As I only was reading and contributing in the f-18 section I didn't even know about that screenshots section. I always go straight to the f18 one.

I have a 6600GT, and I will upgrade hardware only if nvidia releases stereo drivers for the newer cards. News aren't very encouraging by now :-/ But I keep the faith. Now I'm one of those weird stereoscopic freaks and I can't go back to flat gaming.
There is a company that sells polarized stereo monitors. They develop their own stereo drivers and latest version can be used without their monitor for anaglyph mode.
I won't write the name. I'm afraid of making a mistake again and be accused of posting spam. Furthermore, I wouldn't recommend to play with strange drivers except to those who know what are doing with the system.

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 03:53:03 pm »
Crim, would you be happy to PM me with the name of the company?

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 02:14:39 am »
Much obliged to ya Crim. That worked simply and easily, and I can now get anaglyph on my card.  8)

I'm gonna have a play with the parameters and see if I can refine the image but I have to say that even just a taste of 3D in anaglyph fair brings the F18 to life. Makes you want more...  :D

Cheers, Crim.