Author Topic: Missing Scenery Dialog  (Read 3678 times)

hamiltondaniel

Missing Scenery Dialog
« on: April 03, 2012, 06:56:43 pm »
Hello,

I had GSX working fine for a while, but recently (maybe after the last update, I am not positive) I started getting eight or nine "Scenery object could not be found" popups everytime I would start FSX, then again loading a flight, and then while actually flying around I would get two or three of them every ten minutes or so.  I turned off all my addon scenery one by one to no avail...and then uninstalled GSX and the problem went away.

I have since completely uninstalled and reinstalled GSX three or four times now and the problem goes away completely - until I reinstall GSX.  I have tried poking around for any files the uninstaller might have missed but cannot find any.

Any ideas?  I can give the GUID codes given in the missing object boxes if necessary but they seem to be hex; don't know how helpful that is.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Scenery Dialog
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 07:32:43 pm »
That doesn't seem to have anything to do with GSX, you must have enabled the FSX.CFG tweak that reports missing objects in sceneries. If you posted the GUID, we could identify which objects is or, at least, if it's not one of our own.

hamiltondaniel

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 10:03:11 pm »
Yes I have enabled the missing scenery tweak; but it obviously seems to have something to do with GSX, because when I uninstall GSX it goes away, and when I reinstall GSX it comes back. I don't see how that would be happening if it had nothing to do with GSX.

I will install again and post the relevant GUIDs shortly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 10:06:53 pm »
it obviously seems to have something to do with GSX, because when I uninstall GSX it goes away, and when I reinstall GSX it comes back. I don't see how that would be happening if it had nothing to do with GSX.

That's not so obvious: since GSX doesn't use any scenery libraries that use GUIDs (they are usually inside a scenery .BGL, and GSX doesn't have any of it), maybe you removed something else and uninstalled GSX at the same time, so you linked the two events.

I will install again and post the relevant GUIDs shortly.

That's what we need to be sure.

hamiltondaniel

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 10:51:09 pm »
Alright so I have now uninstalled and reinstalled ONLY GSX about nine times now, and it is only happening after I install GSX and going away immediately after uninstalling.

Here are the GUIDs; it's actually just two of them, each repeating five or six times.

GUID: D7C80684-24E2-4137-A911-9772228F7101
GUID: 82A2760F-2871-4933-85C5-7B8125189EDF

Installing the SDK now to check what they are.

hamiltondaniel

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 08:36:06 am »
According to http://blackiceair.net/SDK/Environment%20Kit/Autogen%20SDK/Global%20Library%20Objects.html (pretty handy), the two relevant GUI codes are for:

veh_air_pushbackgrey   {d7c80684-24e2-4137-a911-9772228f7101}
veh_air_pushbackblue   {82a2760f-2871-4933-85c5-7b8125189edf}

I assume these are the default pushback vehicles and I know the installer says something about renaming the default airport vehicles file; does that mean that these are just disappeared away?

If so, does that mean that GSX will give these missing scenery object errors to ANYONE who has the missing scenery tweak applied? That's certainly something to look at as that tweak can prevent a lot of crashes.