Author Topic: Strange Install Message  (Read 4479 times)

sulu600

Strange Install Message
« on: May 10, 2008, 06:02:16 am »
Just reinstalled OHare for FS9 ver. 1.1 and had the same thing happen when I installed it the first time.  I get a setup box pop up with the following error message: Internal Error: Expression Error 'Runtime Error' (at 15:835) '057TITLE=VHHH' is not an integer value'

The installer run's fine when I click OK, but not sure what that error means.

Steve Park

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Strange Install Message
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 03:27:30 pm »
We think there's a bug in the Hong Kong install routine, because several users are reported the same problem, even with 1.0, and always with that scenery.

As you can see from the error message:

57TITLE=VHHH' is not an integer value

looks like there's a missing carriage return in the scenery.cfg between the area N. ( 57 ) and the Title command. Not sure if it's a bug of the Hong Kong installer (does it edit scenery.cfg automatically ?) or because you hand edit that file.

However, putting a carriage return before the "T" of the "Title" keyword, in your scenery.cfg should work, then you should run our installer again, and the error should go away.

sulu600

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 05:00:56 pm »
OK, thanks for the quick reply..I will check out the VHHH in the .cfg file, but it does not seem to cause any trouble with the ORD install, so I am not going to try the install again...my favorite quote is: "If it ain't broke, don't touch it".

Steve

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 05:24:02 pm »
OK, thanks for the quick reply..I will check out the VHHH in the .cfg file, but it does not seem to cause any trouble with the ORD install

If you haven't Uninstalled 1.0 before 1.1, the scenery.cfg update step is not necessary, because the area for O'Hare was already there from 1.0. But, in case you need to Uninstall, since the Uninstaller removes the O'Hare area, if you don't fix the problem, a subsequent reinstallation would not be able to add O'hare, and the scenery will not appear, unless you manually add the area, of course.

I suggest fixing the scenery.cfg anyway, because other installers might be fooled by it.