Author Topic: question  (Read 12420 times)

welchb21

question
« on: March 30, 2012, 01:29:01 am »
hello i have a quick question about the Maddog Md80, I want to get rid of the rear stair case, which i did by changing the CFG file using the new config update added with GSX, however when i request boarding/deboarding the loaders move into place and i get the message 'Remember to activate jetway" which i do, but i still get the message " waiting for you to open EXIT 2" my question is how do i get gsx to forget about the rear exit and Board/Deboard with having to open the left rear exit.
I use fs2crew for the leonardo md80 and i am unable to control which doors get opened, the front left door and the three cargo doors open, so if any one could help me with this i would greatly appreciate it because i love flying the md80 but it makes me sad that i cant use GSX services with it due to the issue of it wanting me to open a door i can not open.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 05:22:27 am by welchb21 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: question
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 12:03:23 pm »
This depends what you want to do with that exit.

If you still want to have the relevant services active, but have GSX ignore if the door is open or not, you should use this command:

code = 0

If, instead, you want to remove the door entirely, as it never existed, you should use

remove = 1

Of course, since you are mentioning the Exit 2, they should be in the [exit2] section.

welchb21

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 02:54:04 pm »
ok thanks yes i will try the code = 0 because i have put the remove = 1 in there right now and that got rid of the stair case but it kept asking me to open exit 2, but i put the "remove = 1" in the [exit 4] on the configure file and that made the stair way disappear. thanks for the help and ill let you know if it works. thanks again.

welchb21

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 03:26:27 pm »
ok so i put the "code = 0" under [exit 2] but it still askes me to open exit 2, so i went back to try and put it under exit 4, but got a message stating that 'something was making couteli restart please verify you have the latest addon manager installed' so i went uninstalled and reinstalled everything, GSX and ADDON manager but no i get the same message every time, i tried loading up a different aircraft and it worked fine just when i try to do it on the maddog now it wont let me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 04:50:25 pm »
If you had a crash, you must have some kind of error in your GSX.CFG file, try to remove the existing GSX.CFG file and start with the internal GSX editor we added in the very last update, this minimize the chance to do mistakes.

For example the section name should be [exit2] NOT [exit 2], which explains why the commands gets ignored.

welchb21

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 06:30:49 pm »
im sorry i wasnt clear in my original state ment when i made the changes i did it using the recently added configuration file editor, but like i said i made the change to the [exit2] but now it wont let me edit it again says that the addon is not installed or something like that but it is cuz it shows on the menu bar and the config editor works with all other aircraft. what folder would i go to to see the GSX.CFG file manually?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 10:04:36 pm »
As I've said, try to remove the existing GSX.CFG file and start with the internal GSX editor we added in the very last update, this minimize the chance to do mistakes.

welchb21

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 11:57:02 pm »
ok i would love to but i dont know where to find the GS.CFG file, what folder would it be in?, I have looked in (program files 86, microsoft games, Flight Simulator X, Simobjects, Airplanes, Maddog2008) but the only thing i see is the Aircraft CFG file and there is also a INTELLISCENE CFG file, im not sure if that is the GSX.CFG file for the aircraft or not,seen it in a few other aircraft folders also, but if it is the GSX.CFG file this is what i see in it:
[Descr]
Type=MD80
[Geom]
Nosegear= 20.15
Door1=-1.4, 18.1, 2.35, 5
Door4=-1.55,-7.1, 2.9,-5
Front= .45, 6, 1.25
Rear= .5,-7.75, 1.55

Sorry i am being such a pain about this but like i said i really want to use GSX with this aircraft but i cant because it wont load because of the door issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 12:26:41 am »
That's not the correct file. As I've said, if you have the current version of GSX, the integrated editor will create a GSX.CFG file for you, just set the code = 0 for the exits you want to ignore, and save it. It will be saved in the %APPDATA%\virtuali\airplanes folder.

welchb21

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 12:32:42 am »
alright well thanks for the help not getting it so im just not gonna us it on the md80, great product though will definatly keep using it with all my other aircraft.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 12:34:59 am »
alright well thanks for the help not getting it

I don't understand this comment: have you actually *done* exactly what I've suggested ? Have you seen the editor ? Have you changed the code to 0 as I've suggested ? Have you save it ? Have you tested the airplane with it ? What's the result ?

welchb21

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 12:54:39 am »
ok so i am going to try to explain what i have done from the beginning:
- I started FSX this morning loaded up the MD80 at the ramp went to ADDONS, COUTELLI, GSX AIRCRAFT EDITOR, changed the [EXIT2] to code = 0 and saved it.
- I then went to menu and request boarding trucks went into position and got the message "waiting for your action open exit 1, exit 2" so i opened exit 1 but then it still kept asking me to open exit 2, which i thought would be removed with the change to code = 0.
- So then i went back to the ADDON, COUTELLI, GSX AIRCRAFT EDITOR to change the [exit4] code to 0,  but for some reason this time an error message popped up saying that UNKNOWN addon was causing Coutelli to restart and to install current ADDON MANAGER.
- SO i exited FSX uninstalled GSX and the ADDON MANAGER and went to the website and reinstalled both again, they both work fine, but now i get the same error message with the MD80, it wont open the GSX.CFG editor now and i dont know why.

I can not get it any clearer than that, that is why i tried to find the GSX.CFG file in my FSX folder but apparently the GSX.CFG does not exist in my folder because i can not find it.

DrumsArt

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 01:56:22 am »
Hi,

Not sure but maybe your problem is related to the one I reported in my "Editor Problem with GSX.cfg" post.

By now I found a temporary solution. My Maddog works just fine now with GSX.

Please make exactly the following :

1-Launch FSX with the Maddog launcher.

2-Open the editor

3-Edit the "code =" line as you want for any doors, cargo and so.

4-VERY IMPORTANT : delete the "flip" commands lines, normally there are two.

5-Save with the "SAVE" command NOT the "SAVE AS".

6-Enjoy.

If you want to change later some other settings, remember to delete the two "flip" commands lines before to save the file.

Tell me if it works. It works for me.

Regards,

Richard Portier
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 PRO 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.1|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|GSX|ORBX

welchb21

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 02:44:58 am »
thanks but still no luck wont let me access the editor.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 08:34:53 pm »
4-VERY IMPORTANT : delete the "flip" commands lines, normally there are two.

Not needed anymore, with the Live update we released today, which fixed the problems reported in your post.