Author Topic: black buildings  (Read 6315 times)

jmic

black buildings
« on: October 30, 2007, 01:47:51 pm »
Hi,

I'v just bought Zurich FSX after a short period of trial;
But after product has been activated, I unfortunately observe that the airport buildings remain all in black.
fsaddon is well present in the fsx\extra menu, and Zurich is specified activated within it .

The only thing I have done, is that I have reinstalled the ZurichX folder on another hard disk (F:\) which is of course
referenced within FSX bib.
I always do that with various addons scenes ,and it works well usually.

Thank's for help

Jc

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
Re: black buildings
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 01:57:33 pm »
For the correct visualization of Zurich the original path of Zurich is indispensable.

Regards
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 02:25:41 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 02:26:11 pm »
The only thing I have done, is that I have reinstalled the ZurichX folder on another hard disk (F:\) which is of course
referenced within FSX bib.

Please, don't do that. There is a reason why the installer doesn't ask you an install location, but instead it will always put in an fsdreamteam folder under FSX.

Being a native FSX scenery, at least for everything 3D, the scenery uses a lot of Simobjects, and those have a fallback folder for textures, specified in their CFG. By moving the scenery target folder, the fallback will stop working, and FSX has a different behaviour comparing to FS9 when it doesn't find a texture: instead of simply showing the object "naked" without textures, so you immediately realize what's wrong, it will either show a black object, or it will make the object simply disappear.

So, please, do not move the target folder.

jmic

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 05:18:55 pm »
Ok, thank's for your clear answers. I'll reinstall Zurich at its original location.

Best Regards

Jc