Author Topic: Global Rear Staircase Option  (Read 3178 times)

evanet

Global Rear Staircase Option
« on: March 29, 2012, 10:09:50 pm »
Would it be possible to add a global option to disable rear staircases at all parking locations, not just those that have been customized?

At the real-world airports I've observed in North America, rear staircases are uncommon, more so in the situation where a jetway is available. I know that staircases can be disabled (both front and back) by customizing particular parking positions but for those of us who visit multiple airports this customization isn't practical. Could a global option be added to disable rear staircases by default -- and then the opposite could be done by customizing a parking location? I would still like to keep the front staircase in the situation where no jetway exists.

Thanks for putting together a great product that truly enhances the realism of FSX. Apologies if this has been asked already; a search for "staircase" didn't turn up anything.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Global Rear Staircase Option
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 11:22:45 pm »
See my reply here about the rear stairs: we'll have this option, but it will be much smarter and realistic than just a global off switch:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6196.msg54520#msg54520

In the meantime, you can just use the new integrated airplane CFG text editor, go to the [Exit4] and add a

Remove = 1

If you do it for the airplanes you use the most, it would be for all means like having a global option.

johndrago

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 01:28:29 am »
See my reply here about the rear stairs: we'll have this option, but it will be much smarter and realistic than just a global off switch:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6196.msg54520#msg54520

In the meantime, you can just use the new integrated airplane CFG text editor, go to the [Exit4] and add a

Remove = 1

If you do it for the airplanes you use the most, it would be for all means like having a global option.

Good to hear.  Can we also use this option per plane to turn off the bus?  If so, what wouild that be?

Thanks again!  You guys are fantastic with these updates.

- John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 12:05:57 pm »
Good to hear.  Can we also use this option per plane to turn off the bus?  If so, what wouild that be?

No, unless you remove *all* the exits, which is not what you'll probably want to do. To remove the bus, either customize the parking, or wait for the option to be added, in the way explained in the previously linked post.