Author Topic: I GIVE UP **solved, not an FSDT problem**  (Read 3998 times)

danmclain1

I GIVE UP **solved, not an FSDT problem**
« on: March 28, 2012, 04:29:42 am »
I  almost downloaded nine of your sceneries along with GSX, and thank god I only chose KLAX. I had wanted your KLAX for a while
because of AES. When I read how great GSX was suppose to be I thought this is answer to our Airport services prayers, wrong. I'm now
going to delete GSX and KLAX and hopefully you can get it together and straighten your mess out. I have read all the other post pertaining
to this problem, have tried all the solutions and nothing works. hopefully I haven't thrown away my money. With FS9 I had JFK,KLAS,OHARE
and PHNL, and I have always been happy. When I load KLAX without GSX I can see buildings untill I try to use AES then they just go away.
I have been a Flightsimmer since FS4 and I have never been this frustrated..

I know I'm not alone in this and you guys need to fix this!

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:21:21 am by virtuali »

XCLTM3

Re: I GIVE UP
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 07:34:28 am »
Hi Dan,

don't give up buddy. Not certain what your issue/s is/are but there are so many of us who have GSX working very well on our system (including some of Umberto's airport sceneries). I can assure you, that employing Umberto's assistance (even if it is slightly protracted time wise) to resolve the issue.... you will benefit.

I'm not associated in any way with FSDT, but I truly enjoy their work and must say that for the most part their after sales service is of a good standard and in many instances way ahead of other 3rd party FSX developers. That's my experience and I'm a hard marker.

Work through the issues Dan, it will be well worth it when you have trouble free experience like so many of us.

Rgds,

Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

dsflyerds

• Beta tester
    • Virtual Aviation Experience
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 09:55:20 am »
I  almost downloaded nine of your sceneries along with GSX, and thank god I only chose KLAX. I had wanted your KLAX for a while
because of AES. When I read how great GSX was suppose to be I thought this is answer to our Airport services prayers, wrong. I'm now
going to delete GSX and KLAX and hopefully you can get it together and straighten your mess out. I have read all the other post pertaining
to this problem, have tried all the solutions and nothing works. hopefully I haven't thrown away my money. With FS9 I had JFK,KLAS,OHARE
and PHNL, and I have always been happy. When I load KLAX without GSX I can see buildings untill I try to use AES then they just go away.
I have been a Flightsimmer since FS4 and I have never been this frustrated..

I know I'm not alone in this and you guys need to fix this!

What goes away the buildings or the GSX vehicles? You might want to try downloading the latest version of the stand alone add-on manager that usually solves the disappearing buildings problem. As for the GSX stuff disappearing when using AES thats a simple fix in the fsuipc.ini file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 10:21:07 am »
When I load KLAX without GSX I can see buildings untill I try to use AES then they just go away. I have been a Flightsimmer since FS4 and I have never been this frustrated...I know I'm not alone in this and you guys need to fix this!

I wonder what WE would need to "fix" anything, since the problem appears only when you start AES ?

As was discussed several times already, this is caused by AES calling an FSUIPC function that removes any ground objects around the parking when you start AES.

This affects both GSX vehicles and possibly parts of our sceneries too. It can be fixed by setting this parameter in the FSUIPC4.INI file:

DeleteVehiclesForAES=No

OR

By using the latest FSUIPC version, which should make an exception and not removing FSDT objects.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:50:42 am by virtuali »

danmclain1

Re: I GIVE UP ** Problem Solved **
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 08:35:19 am »
Hi guys,
Thanks for you help, and your kind words. I apologise or the rant, I was just getting
so frustrated, I was forced to move to FSX from FS9  because of a computer crash
and between trying to run FS9 on widows 7, which was a nightmare and making the transition
to FSX it has almost taken its toll on me. Anyway enough about me.

Thank you Umberto for your help, fortnightly I have the latest FSUIPC4 and what you suggested worked
like a charm, and  about my comment saying " you need to fix this", I apologise I can tell by the Live
Updates that you are doing something daily to make this a great product.

Thanks again :)