Author Topic: >:(  (Read 4328 times)

64T

>:(
« on: March 28, 2012, 12:11:14 am »
Awesome product but once again having the same issue?! While Couatl.exe is running I do not see it in FSX and I cannot spawn the options menu in game. This is the 2nd time this has happened and on it's own. I did nothing to my PC (not even download anything) and suddenly as of last night GSX shows me the addon manager tells me GSX is active and installed but does not show up in game. Why? It really is quite frustrating. Such a great product but I can't use the dang thing  ??? I really enjoy this masterpiece, but am sooo frustrated with it just deciding to ditch. BTW I've restarted my PC a trillion times, I've uninstalled both addon-manager and GSX and reinstalled with my firewall and anti-virus off

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: >:(
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 10:34:51 am »
As explained, many times already on the forum, if you see the Couatl.exe running but not its menu, it's possible it has been stuck from a *previous* FSX session.

The reason for this is usually either relaunching FSX too quickly before allowing the Couatl.exe from the previous session to close OR another addon (we saw this with some 3rd party joystick drivers) in the EXE.XML, which is stalling Simconnect and prevents Couatl to get notification to close from FSX.

You can check if this is the case if, before you launch FSX, the task manager already shows a Couatl.exe running. In this case, just terminate it with Task Manager and then start FSX.

64T

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 11:57:46 pm »
It's still not working. I've terminated all FSX related processes and have rebooted my PC a plethora of times....no new drivers conflicting. It just stopped working?!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 10:09:44 am »
But do you HAVE the Couatl.exe still running after FSX was closed ? Fact you say you had to terminate "all FSX related processes", seems to indicate you have other processes related to FSX after it has been closed, which is not normal. If a module is loaded in the EXE.XML, a normal behavior is that ALL of them should close automatically when FSX closes.

This, if your description is accurate, leads to believe you have the same problem with other modules too, unless with "I've terminated all FSX related processes", you meant something else.