Author Topic: Question about a problem  (Read 3395 times)

newpilot1962

Question about a problem
« on: March 27, 2012, 11:54:06 pm »
Hi Umberto.It happened to me 3 or 4 times after parking in a gate,in different airports ,brakes on and engines cutted(all works fine),but then i haven't the screenshot with the services ,but again the initial screenshot (to select parking facility).Please help .Thank you.Bill.

DrumsArt

Re: Question about a problem
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 12:32:43 am »
Because sometimes the Marshaller stop you out of the parking area...

I noticed that too. Just get in slew mode then move forward or backward as close as possible to the tee.

I'm not saying this the fault of GSX, it's probable that it's a problem with some Afcad files...

Probably Umberto will confirm or not.

Regards,

Richard Portier
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:41:17 am by DrumsArt »
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 PRO 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.1|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|GSX|ORBX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 10:30:52 am »
GSX will try to park you with the airplane reference point (the red cross you can see from Top Down view) in the parking center, as defined in the AFCAD.

The parking tee might or not be aligned with the airplane front gear, depending on the airplane and scenery used so, it will usually not match, what it's important is the parking center.

bobbyjoh

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 06:32:32 pm »
Hi Umberto, I love GSX and more so after release 1.3.  However couple of days ago I landed at EDDF with my LDS 767-300.  The marshaller was guiding me into gate D5 as he was signaling me to continue moving forward and then stop I took an outside view and the default airport scenery had the jet bridge over my wing.  :-\, i then relocated the plane to the T where my nose gear was on the T.  GSX did everything it was suppose to I deboarded my pax and everything is fine.  How can this issue be repaired?  Is it possible in the next release or so that the "modify" gate can adjust the correct parking spot based on where I park my plane.

Thanks for a great product.

Bob Johnson
KDTW

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 06:57:20 pm »
As I've said, GSX reads the AFCAD so, if the Marshaller guided you too far, it means one of the following:

- The parking center position as defined in the AFCAD is wrong

OR

- The wrong AFCAD is used for that scenery

You can check which AFCAD is in use, by selecting the GSX option to customize a parking position (any one) on the airport, the dialog box will indicate which AFCAD is now active.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 06:59:26 pm by virtuali »