Author Topic: A few observations after update  (Read 8862 times)

Dazza74

A few observations after update
« on: March 26, 2012, 07:59:18 am »
Whilst using FSX today, During boarding I noticed that the arriving baggage tractor, it's body was transparent except for the wheels and a few minor details (refer attachment #1). Furthermore whilst in the push back phase I also noticed the 'wing walker' to be invisible except for a shadow of himself (refer attachmnet #2). For this case I was using the PMDG 737-800 NGX and FTX Brisbane (YBBN) scenery addon. I have the latest update. Any ideas and help would be appreciated. ??? Regards Darren.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: A few observations after update
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 10:29:21 am »
Whilst using FSX today, During boarding I noticed that the arriving baggage tractor, it's body was transparent except for the wheels and a few minor details (refer attachment #1).

Doesn't happen here, it must a problem of your graphic settings.

Furthermore whilst in the push back phase I also noticed the 'wing walker' to be invisible except for a shadow of himself (refer attachmnet #2).

Doesn't happen here either, it must a problem of your graphic settings.

Try to reset if your FSX.CFG file to default, by removing the FSX.CFG located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX, this will force FSX to rebuild a new one with default setting. You likely have a wrong tweak set.

Dazza74

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 12:11:39 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply. I will try your recommendations and get back to you with an answer as soon as I can. However it seems odd to me it could be a graphic setting concerning the wing walker and a tractor tug especially when everything else is working fine at this point in time. If you have an idea on a graphic setting sutiable, please share them with me. Thanks for the reply and also for one of the best FSX addons. :)

utd4life

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 11:18:16 pm »
Whilst using FSX today, During boarding I noticed that the arriving baggage tractor, it's body was transparent except for the wheels and a few minor details (refer attachment #1). Furthermore whilst in the push back phase I also noticed the 'wing walker' to be invisible except for a shadow of himself (refer attachmnet #2). For this case I was using the PMDG 737-800 NGX and FTX Brisbane (YBBN) scenery addon. I have the latest update. Any ideas and help would be appreciated. ??? Regards Darren.

I've also noticed these problems with the NGX since the update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 11:39:53 pm »
I've also noticed these problems with the NGX since the update.

Never seen parts of objects disappearing here, not with the PMDG, nor with any other airplane, before and after the update.

All users that reported this before, had some kind of graphic problems, either caused by a video driver setting, or by an FSX.CFG tweak missing or that shouldn't be applied.

Dazza74

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 12:44:58 am »
Whilst using FSX today, During boarding I noticed that the arriving baggage tractor, it's body was transparent except for the wheels and a few minor details (refer attachment #1).

Doesn't happen here, it must a problem of your graphic settings.

Furthermore whilst in the push back phase I also noticed the 'wing walker' to be invisible except for a shadow of himself (refer attachmnet #2).

Doesn't happen here either, it must a problem of your graphic settings.

Try to reset if your FSX.CFG file to default, by removing the FSX.CFG located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX, this will force FSX to rebuild a new one with default setting. You likely have a wrong tweak set.

Hello Virtualli,
I tried the recommendations you suggested with no change to my issue. I also checked I have the latest graphics driver updates. This presents an unusual case for me, because prior to the update GSX was working fine. Since the update when using FSX and FTX BRISBANE scenery 'only' I dont seem to have a visible wing walker and baggage tractor. Its worth mentioning that I have tried other airports such as  default Sydney (Kingsford Smith), Melbourne (FTX), Cairns (FTX), Canberra (FTX) and had no problems with any of them except for the Brisbane addon. I am at a lost at this point but it would seem I am not the only one concering the PMDG 737. Regards Darren.

Dazza74

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 01:53:55 am »
Oh Happy Days, I got it working. I simply completely uninstalled FSDream Team GSX 1.3 then restarted my computer and once restarted, reinstalled the GSX programme. It works and thats all that matters for me. Thanks all, for any offerings of advice. Regards Darren ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 02:22:04 am »
I simply completely uninstalled FSDream Team GSX 1.3 then restarted my computer and once restarted, reinstalled the GSX programme.

I don't think reinstalling made any difference but, rebooting probably yes, it's possible your PC memory was just too fragmented, and a reboot cleaned up everything.

Dazza74

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 04:56:29 am »
Thanks again for your help and interest.  At least its working. 'Self Sorted' Regards Darren.

Need-To-Know

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 04:18:37 pm »
Humm, my guess was going to be Ezdok and the need to run EZCA Config.

Chuckers317

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 05:53:49 pm »
I had problems with invisible or missing textures of GSX vehicles and the wing walker, as well as the textures from my 737NGX.  Likewise, after running long flights, the textures from the aircraft and my inbound airports would have missing textures or would just out right cause FSX to crash.  I did a Google search to find a fix and found a wonderful utility from FS labs at the following website: http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/files/file/69-fsl-texturefix-v11zip/ .  I installed it and all my problems were fixed.  I was able to replay my landings in the 737NGX and my frame rates increased as well.  Although the utility has been around for a while and many of you may Artie know about it, I wanted to post a message here about it for those who are having problems with disappearing textures and frame rates.  I hope that this helps anyone who is having issues with their textures disappearing in FSX.