Author Topic: Possibility to set aircraft handling through aircraft CFG?  (Read 3470 times)

hockeyplaya

Possibility to set aircraft handling through aircraft CFG?
« on: April 14, 2012, 05:02:14 pm »
Would it be possible to just set the company that handles your plane through the CFG instead of by gate number? I always seem to get the wrong company regardless of the gate.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Possibility to set aircraft handling through aircraft CFG?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 05:20:52 pm »
Would it be possible to just set the company that handles your plane through the CFG instead of by gate number?

As been discussed several times already, it won't be very realistic to link the handling company to your own airplane (if I'm flying an Alitalia airplane to JFK, I doubt I'll get an Alitalia crew down there), it's more correct as it is now, with handlers related to the airport and the parking.

I always seem to get the wrong company regardless of the gate.

What do you mean "wrong" ? Are you getting a company that is supposed not to be on that airport ? As explained both in the manual and in the forum too, the handler section it's based on a *scoring* system, with the airport getting 1 point for every letter of the ICAO of the airport that matches the one of the vehicles, plus additional points if they also match the parking. And, when there's a tie, the selection is random between all candidates.

If you believe to have got a wrong handler, please state the airport, the parking and the handler company you got.