Author Topic: GSX in P3D  (Read 5583 times)

spinker

GSX in P3D
« on: April 05, 2012, 06:00:39 pm »

Does GSX have to be re-installed to run P3D.

How to.

Larry

yogibear1373

Re: GSX in P3D
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 08:52:09 pm »
If i'am not mistaken you will be asked at the install if you want to install it in fsx or p3d.

Ed

spinker

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 12:22:52 am »

Thanks for your reply,

If I already have GSX for FSX can I have GSX for both.

Will installing GSX for P3D have any affect on the FSX installation.
I have GSX running for FSX perfect now and dont want to do anything to disrupt GSX in FSX.

Larry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 01:41:33 am »
Installing in both sims will not cause any problems. If it were, we would clearly advise it or, likely, prevent the installation under P3D if FSX was found.

If both FSX and P3D are on the same system, you just need to be a bit careful when *uninstalling* because, the uninstaller entry will be only one, but will actually uninstall the version installed last so, if you would do a complete uninstall on BOTH sims, you would need to

1) uninstall from P3D, then reinstall into FSX and uninstall from FSX, if you installed on FSX first

OR

2) uninstall from FSX, then reinstall into P3D and uninstall from P3D, if you installed on P3D first

spinker

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 04:41:22 am »

Thank you,

Would the most recent GSX install program be on the Dreamfleet website? Will there be a charge for the new install??

Larry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 12:09:47 pm »
I don't see what Dreamfleet has anything to do with us. And, the installer is already compatible with P3D since a week or so, and it's a free download, there's no additional charge to use it in P3D.