Author Topic: All moving vehicles are black on arrival at KLAX  (Read 3842 times)

macwino

All moving vehicles are black on arrival at KLAX
« on: March 25, 2012, 09:08:50 pm »
When I fly into FSDT KLAX from FSDT KLAS in the PMDG 737NGX, all the moving vehicles are black. Also, FWIW, the tail and the engines on the 737 are also black during the final approach, but not before. All else seems normal. If I restart FSX and load the 737 at KLAX all the textures are present on the plane and on the moving vehicles. I am not running GSX. Any thoughts on what might be the problem?

Thanks,
Robert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: All moving vehicles are black on arrival at KLAX
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 11:16:20 am »
If it happens after a flight, and not at startup, it's nothing related to the scenery, most likely there's a problem with graphic memory corruption.

Do you have the HIGHMEMFIX tweak applied ?

macwino

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 02:25:28 pm »
Yes, I have that tweak in my fsx.cfg. I have a 1.25GB nVidia 470. Any idea what might be the cause of the corruption?

Thanks
Robert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 02:38:06 pm »
Other than not being related to the scenery (if it were, it would manifest even when starting a flight there), not really.

Try to reset the FSX.CFG file to all default, by moving it to its folder ( %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX ) to another location, you'll force FSX to rebuild a new one with all default settings.

kennyboy

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 05:38:58 am »
I tried downloading all files in "safe mode" and that works.