Author Topic: Couple of questions regarding update  (Read 6311 times)

utd4life

Couple of questions regarding update
« on: March 24, 2012, 11:28:26 am »
Hello all,

Just installed the GSX update earlier this morning.

First of all, can the NGX have Cargo loaders? I set the aircraft to have a Cargo loader on it's frontL cargo door, but a baggage truck turned up and there was no conveyorbelt to load the baggage, which isn't what I wanted anyway i wanted a cargo loader so is it possible for this with the PMDG 737 NGX?

Secondly, is there away to disable the boarding sounds you hear from in the cockpit? EVen though the update has added some new ones and varies it a little more it is still too repetetive for me.

Kind Regards,

Dan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couple of questions regarding update
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 11:33:54 am »
The real life 737 doesn't use ULD containers.

If you want to have them anyway, you can with a GSX.CFG file, specifying an ULD code for each door, so a cargo loader with ULDs will appear.

utd4life

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 11:37:15 am »
The real life 737 doesn't use ULD containers.

If you want to have them anyway, you can with a GSX.CFG file, specifying an ULD code for each door, so a cargo loader with ULDs will appear.

Ah okay.

It would be nice to have one at the front Cargo door. I'm not sure how to do what you mention with the CFG. Would you be able to explain? (sorry for being a pain in the ***)

Kind Regards,

Dan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 12:30:42 pm »
A simple two lines GSX.CFG file like this one should be enough:

Code: [Select]
[cargo1]
uldcode = AKH

utd4life

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 12:50:52 pm »
A simple two lines GSX.CFG file like this one should be enough:

Code: [Select]
[cargo1]
uldcode = AKH

Could you expand please? Where do I put the CFG, or do I simply edit the GSX.CFG and if so where abouts in the CFG should these lines be added and where can I find the CFG?

Kind Regards,

Dan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 01:48:38 pm »
Wouldn't be better to read the manual, before asking questions that are already answered there ?

Page 24, the "Airplane Customization" chapter, starts with:

An airplane can be customized by creating a file named GSX.CFG, that needs to be placed in the airplane Root folder, the same that contains the aircraft.cfg file. For example, if you want to customize the default Boeing 747-400, you will have to create a GSX.CFG file in the FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\B747_400 folder.

By default, there's no GSX.CFG file in any folder, you have to create one. The two lines I've written in the previous message are the only lines needed in a new GSX.CFG file to accomplish what you asked.

utd4life

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 02:01:15 pm »
I just read this in the manual. I've put a GSX.CFG file in the simobject/airplaines/pmdg737-800WL containing the two lines you said but it hasn't changed anything?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 02:04:35 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 02:08:35 pm »
Have you reloaded the airplane and/or restarted Couatl ? The changes are not read immediately, only if the airplane is reloaded.

In any case, I've checked another thing and, of course, there's always a reason: the loader platform minimum height is 1.95 meters (this is absolutely accurate, from the loader actual user's manual...), it can't go lower than that.

The cargo doors of the 737 NGX are set at 1.35 and 1.65 meters so, there's no way the loader could service them, which is why you don't see it even if you ask for it in the GSX.CFG file.

As I've said, you are trying to do something unrealistic: there's a reason why the real 737 doesn't use containers, the door is both too small and is too low too.

utd4life

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 02:12:33 pm »
Have you reloaded the airplane and/or restarted Couatl ? The changes are not read immediately, only if the airplane is reloaded.

In any case, I've checked another thing and, of course, there's always a reason: the loader platform minimum height is 1.95 meters (this is absolutely accurate, from the loader actual user's manual...), it can't go lower than that.

The cargo doors of the 737 NGX are set at 1.35 and 1.65 meters so, there's no way the loader could service them, which is why you don't see it even if you ask for it in the GSX.CFG file.

As I've said, you are trying to do something unrealistic: there's a reason why the real 737 doesn't use containers, the door is both too small and is too low too.

Okay, thanks for your help nevertheless.

Kind Regards,

Dan