Author Topic: new upgrade question  (Read 3711 times)

spinker

new upgrade question
« on: March 23, 2012, 05:58:29 pm »
Hello

Questions on new upgrade.

Since the new upgrade seems to have the same name as original I want to be sure I have the right file. Is the new file size 53.9MB??
Should this file be run over the existing addon manager or does something have to be uninstalled first.
Instructions for this instalation would be nice I cant find directions anywhere.

I have had difficulties getting GSX to run properly in the beginning.
But it is running very well now thanks to the help you have provided and I dont want to upset the successful running of the program.

Larry

I also have an unrelated question about the forum, what is the best place to keep up with current threads  "General Discussion" or GSX Backdoor??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: new upgrade question
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 06:04:48 pm »
Since the new upgrade seems to have the same name as original I want to be sure I have the right file. Is the new file size 53.9MB??

The installer shows its version (1.3) when it starts. And you can also check it without starting it, by right clicking on it, select "Properties", then "Details"

Should this file be run over the existing addon manager or does something have to be uninstalled first.
Instructions for this instalation would be nice I cant find directions anywhere.

The announcement post contains everything you need to know to install it:

To get the update, you have the following options:

1) As a Live Update, you'll be notified of a major update, which will require to DOWNLOAD and INSTALL the updated Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX

2) By downloading the full GSX installer.

If there was any need to uninstall anything, we would programmed the installer to automatically uninstall the previous version or, at least, clearly told user to do it. Since we haven't said anything of the sort, you can safely assume there's no need to take extra steps then the ones above.

Not that this makes any difference, if you *want* to uninstall the previous version first, do it, it won't do any harm.

I also have an unrelated question about the forum, what is the best place to keep up with current threads  "General Discussion" or GSX Backdoor??

GSX support.

spinker

Re: new upgrade question
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 06:44:07 pm »

Umberto,

You are great, thanks for your quick and detailed responses.

Larry