Author Topic: Bagagge unloading never ends since GSX 1.3  (Read 40690 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bagagge unloading never ends since GSX 1.3
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2012, 02:15:33 pm »
okay but the problem is not solved because GSX also told Loading/unloading baggage in progress

As I've said, it's not happening here, the deboarding ends just fine so, there must be something specific to your configuration.

Again, please describe *exactly* what you are doing:

- The exact order of operations

- The airport

- The gate used

If possible, try to confirm if it happens on a DEFAULT airplane on a DEFAULT airport, or if there's a difference because, knowing that, might help understanding what's going on in your system.

And, if you had some vehicles customized with the PaintKit installed.

Plexi1

• FS-Flightcrew.de
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2012, 02:21:39 pm »
If the cargo loader doesn't leave is NOT a problem. Is it supposed to remain there, in order to be sure it won't interfere with the catering approach path, which might happen if it returned back to its starting point as soon the deboarding is finished.

So, you shouldn't assume deboarding doesn't end, just because you still see the loaders, because only the train is supposed to leave, the loader will leave only when you ask for pushback clearance.

It always been like this, even before the update, the only different it's that before the update there was only the rear loader, but it stayed there too even after deboarding.
it would have been no problem for me if it just stood there but I was unable to request clearance because when I did this it was just waiting for boarding to finish which never ended, it works for me now, but not for others as it looks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2012, 02:58:44 pm »
it would have been no problem for me if it just stood there but I was unable to request clearance because when I did this it was just waiting for boarding to finish which never ended, it works for me now, but not for others as it looks.

What do you mean "it works for me now" ? If you mean "before the update", that's plainly obvious: the update was supposed to fix just that.

Plexi1

• FS-Flightcrew.de
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2012, 03:07:03 pm »
for me this particular problem was fixed with the update, I just wanted to help explain what happend because some others still seem to have this problem

tf51d

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2012, 06:21:09 pm »
The problem appears to be the rear loader. If there is only one loader the boarding or deboarding process does not clear. Meaning you can't proceed to the next process. If there are a front and rear loader both processes does clear, allowing you to go to the next step, however after the boarding process, the front loader backs away, but the rear loader stays, so when you go to pushback it still is in place and the planes wings and engines hit it.

ESzczesniak

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2012, 08:49:36 pm »
I hadn't flown using the 1.3 update until today.  It looks to me like I am also having the problem of the never ending loading.  I was using PMDG's 738NGX and PHNL Gate 11.  Passenger boarding and the front loader proceeded without problems.  However, the rear loader did not complete it's task.  When I requested preperation for deboarding, the menu read that it was waiting for boarding to finish first.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2012, 09:46:27 pm »
I think you are confusing the updates: the 1.3 update is one thing, but there was *another* small update after that, which is not applied if you don't check for it, or wait 24 hours since the last update.

I've just checked the described situation at PHNL, Gate 11 with the PMDG 737-800, and boarding ends normally, both loaders go back to their starting positions when they are done. No difference if I start requesting catering first, or go directly to boarding, works in both cases.

tf51d

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2012, 09:52:07 pm »
That was with the 1.3 main update, as well as the live update. I just uninstalled, and redownloaded the GSX installer reinstalled It says it installed version 1.3.1, tried it again and still have the same problem. Yhe problem I' seeing is with the aircraft with loaders (Wilco A330, Captain Sim 767), I haven't tried the 737NGX with 1.3.1 yet. I'll make a video of it so you can see what' happening!  
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 09:56:10 pm by tf51d »

ESzczesniak

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2012, 09:54:59 pm »
I think you are confusing the updates: the 1.3 update is one thing, but there was *another* small update after that, which is not applied if you don't check for it, or wait 24 hours since the last update.

I've just checked the described situation at PHNL, Gate 11 with the PMDG 737-800, and boarding ends normally, both loaders go back to their starting positions when they are done. No difference if I start requesting catering first, or go directly to boarding, works in both cases.

I did not realize there was another update after v1.3.  I never got a warning from GSX Live Update, so I will have to look at this and give it a try.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2012, 09:56:19 pm »
I'll make a video of it so you can see what' happening! 

There's no need to, it's not very useful having a video, I believe you are seeing that, but to fix the problem, we need to have it here first.

Do you have GSX repainted vehicles ? Uninstalling will not remove them, and they must be updated too for 1.3, if they aren't, it's possible an vehicle from the old paintkit might cause problems.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2012, 09:58:23 pm »
I did not realize there was another update after v1.3.  I never got a warning from GSX Live Update, so I will have to look at this and give it a try.

As I've said (and as explained on the manual) the Live Update notification is not immediate as soon as we release it, the automatic notification check is made every 24 hours. If you want to check there's a new update without waiting, you need to explicitly check using the "Check updates" menu option.

tf51d

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2012, 10:18:02 pm »
No I never did install the paint kit. I did install the extra vehicles and liveries update you provided though!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 10:20:07 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2012, 10:20:37 pm »
No I never did install the paint kit. I did install the extra vehicles and liveries update you provided though!

That shouldn't be a problem, because the 1.3 installer will overwrite them all.

Lawgiver

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2012, 11:12:03 am »
Hi Umberto,

I too have the same issues as everyone else.  It is somewhat confusing because the user interface is advising of two different services. I have included screens so hoping you guys can sort it out.  The UI is advising pax have been deboarded, Baggage unload in progress.  Requesting catering service, the UI advises catering service requested. Waiting for deboarding to be complete.  As you can see in the screens, the baggage carts have gone.  I waited over 20 minutes to see which service would complete and nothing ever did.  I ended up resetting GSX and started with requesting catering service and skipped deboarding pax and GSX continued as normal.  These screens are of the default 737, at default KCAK.  Gates 5 and 3.  The screen of gate 5 you can also see one catering truck going outside of the normal vehicle path and drive through the airplane.  The other service vehicles do not take that route.  They stay within the marked lane you can see in the screens.  The last screen is off the multiple livery issue others have reported as well.  Hope that is the additional detail you were asking for in regards to this issue.  I have installed the latest paint-kit from the product page.  However, I have no custom livery's/vehicles as of yet.  I also have the latest updates as well.

Regards,
Rob
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 11:25:23 am by Lawgiver »

deetee

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2012, 02:05:15 pm »
I just did a live update and tested this - working fine here, deboarding completes normally.