I followed your instructions, downloaded "setup_addonmanagerX.exe" (14.1MB)
Since the instructions were obviously correct, this IS the RIGHT thing to do.
Ok, fairly normal for an executable.
tried the same procedure by right-clicking the .exe with admin rights and this time:
This is NOT NORMAL, and it doesn't have anything to do with our products, it doesn't have anything to do with the instructions being "confusing", because they weren't, since you did exactly what you were supposed to do per those instructions, but the fact the program doesn't run is:
1) Not normal
2) Doesn't happen to anyone else
I would be very much obliged if you could be a bit more specific (and not state the same crap as you did in your previous post) because to some of us newcomers, it makes absolutely no sense at all.
There's no need to add anything. As I've said, the instructions were correct, and in fact you have followed them correctly.
I have no bloody idea where I can get the new update from,
You already got the updated installer. So, you got the correct file.
I have no idea what version I got
The GSX version will be show in the Windows Control Panel (Add/Remove Programs) but only if you run the full GSX installer. If you do an update, using the Addon Manager installer, it will not change the GSX *displayed* version, but it's not a problem, because the program will be updated just the same.
...and I have no more patience wasting my time asking you for some simple help after spending $40.00 on a wonderful addon, but some horrible support.
Everybody knows that we offer the best support, and it would have been enough to check this on the forum, in this VERY THREAD too...
Unless you don't come up with a plain and simple answer and stop referring to this stupid email we all got, I will be forced to write a plain but very detailed review on AV-Sim.
Then you'll just embarrass yourself, because everybody there knows very well we offer great support and,of course, your "detailed review" would be just like this, if you are sticking to the FACTS:
1) I followed the very easy instructions to update GSX after major upgrade which, as clearly explained both in the manual and in the forum post, when a major update is released, to update GSX you have to download and install the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX
2) I downloaded the Stand-Alone Addon Manager
3) It hasn't started, for some reason
So, just cut all the nonsense about the "confusing instructions" or the "bad support", because what is REALLY happening is NOT that instructions are confusing, since you did what you were supposed to do, but the installer doesn't START, for SOME REASON, that we of course will try to find out why now.
Fact the program doesn't start on YOUR system doesn't have anything to do with confusing instructions, or bad support. And beside, yesterday was Sunday, and it was probably the first day off I ever had since, well, *FOREVER* because, as everybody knows, we usually give support 7 days at week, which is not normal for any company, and you shouldn't demand it, even when we do it, which is basically always, except *yesterday*
Now that we cleared up your problem didn't had anything to do with supposedly confusing instructions and let alone "bad support", let's try to understand why the setup doesn't start.
- First: to be sure you haven't mistakenly launched two copies of the installer because it didn't started on a first try, try to launch the installer immediately after a Windows REBOOT
- After you double click the addon manager setup.exe, give a bit of time to start: sometimes it might take a while, like a couple of minutes, depending on the system.
- If still doesn't start, REBOOT Windows again, and check the antivirus. As with many other setup programs out there, the antivirus might need to be entirely turned OFF before launching the installer.