Author Topic: Issue following KLAX 1.4 Install  (Read 3275 times)

Dicko

Issue following KLAX 1.4 Install
« on: March 21, 2012, 02:34:28 pm »
Hi Umberto,
After updating from 1.1 to KLAX 1.4, I can no longer start FSINN from within FSX. When I try to start the program nothing happens then FSX crashes with a APPHANG problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled as per your recommendations. To ensure this was the problem I restored an image using Acronis of my system before the install of KLAX 1.4. All OK. Then I uninstalled 1.1 and installed 1.4, again as per your recommendations. Again when trying to start FSINN I experienced a crash. I restored the system back to 1.1 and everything works. Seems to be associated with the new version of addon manager and coualt with the 1.4 installer.
Thanks
Andrew Dixon
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 04:54:43 am by Dicko »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Issue following KLAX 1.4 Install
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 04:40:52 pm »
If an application use Simconnect in the wrong way, it create problems to other modules if loaded before or after, look here on the FsInn FAQ, it's not something specific to FSDT:

http://faq.apollo3.com/ljames/fsinn/vatsim/faq/

Addons (LevelD Aircraft, other Aircraft, panels and gauges, and Scenery) Fail when FSInn is installed
(An FSX issue)
Move the FSCopilot entry to the bottom of the dll.xml file. To locate it, type this in the "Run" field of Windows Start Manu:

%appdata%\Microsoft\FSX

You may use this web utility for convenience in reordering your dll.xml file: http://flightsim.apollo3.com/utils/dllxmlorder.pl

Dicko

Re: Issue following KLAX 1.4 Install
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 04:49:40 am »
Hi Umberto,
After leaving for a day then restoring the computer to pre 1.4, I uninstalled V1.1 and then installed 1.4 again. For whatever reason everything now seems OK! Just to let you know the issue was obviously at my end.
Thanks
Andrew Dixon