Author Topic: Los Angeles Installation Problem  (Read 4981 times)

smoerdyk

Los Angeles Installation Problem
« on: March 19, 2012, 07:29:38 pm »
So I've been reading a lot of posts about installation gone bad with LAX and have been trying to figure out where my problem lies ... but have continued to come short. Here's my deal:

I previously had purchased O'hare, installed it, and everything had been dandy. The other day I purchased LAX and JFK together and received my Serial Keys via email as normal. I activated them through FS and everything seemed okay until I reloaded FS and the scenery didn't show up. A bit strange I must say ... I went to the scenery library and neither JFK or LAX are showing up. After this, I attempted to manually "Add Area" in the scenery library for these but I'm being completely serious when I say I can't find the files. Believe me or not, I can't find the JFK or LAX folder anywhere on my comp. I looked in the FSDT folder as expected and all I see is the O'hare folder.

Any ideas?

Steve

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Los Angeles Installation Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 08:49:49 pm »
Scenery doesn't disappear like that, the only possible explanation is that you download the update instead of the full installer, and that one didn't completed

OR

something was wrong in your scenery.cfg, the installer told you, you haven't noticed it, so the installation aborted without copying any files.

OR

You simply haven't installed them in the first place. From what you are writing here:

The other day I purchased LAX and JFK together and received my Serial Keys via email as normal

You don't say anything if you installed them or not. Just purchasing will not result in the scenery loading, you can purchase without problems even if the scenery is not installed, but you have to install it to *see* it.

Just the sceneries, and they'll work.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 08:51:39 pm by virtuali »

smoerdyk

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 09:36:18 pm »
Hmmm okay I guess it seemed like I had already downloaded the content when I downloaded the oh are package. It had the option to buy JFK and lax in my menu bar in FS so I assumed I had the content, just needed to activate with a serial. In that case, I will go download them from the products section and try this again!

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 09:37:33 pm »
All the downloads are on the "Products" page, and their links are also repeated on the "Info" page of every product.