Author Topic: Strange Textures at Zurich  (Read 6046 times)

blaunarwal

• Computerpilot since FS4 (1990)
Strange Textures at Zurich
« on: March 16, 2012, 10:48:45 pm »
I changed from my graphics adapter from ATI to NVidia, I installed GSX and then I got these green texture rubbish. I don't know what happened to Zurich, which run perfectly the last time I visited it.

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7857/zurichproblem.jpg

Other airports look good, no problem elsewhere. I unistalled GSX, no change, uninstalled Zurich 2.5 and reinstalled - always the same

Can you help please?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 11:09:26 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Strange Textures at Zurich
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 11:11:20 pm »
First, this doesn't have anything to do with GSX.

It seems like a missing texture or a corrupted texture on your system problem but, that should have been fixed by reinstalling Zurich. If it's not fixed by reinstalling Zurich AND removing its folder if it's still there, then it's something wrong with your video settings.

Try to remove your FSX.CFG file located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX, and let FSX rebuild a new one with all default graphic settings.

blaunarwal

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 11:58:46 pm »
Try to remove your FSX.CFG file located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX, and let FSX rebuild a new one with all default graphic settings.

No other scenery is affected, therefore I don't assume it has to do with my fsx.cfg. I could backup it and try with a new fsx.cfg, but I have no hope in that. Maybe tomorrow morning. Hope there's a better idea around. Should I delete the folder of ZurichX after uninstall?

blaunarwal

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 06:41:26 am »
Replacing the fsx.cfg was the solution for ZurichX. All textures where ok then. But I have a lot of changes in the fsx.cfg  :(. Thanks for the help anyway.

It has to do with my path assignments to my faster drive for objects:

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=E:\SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=E:\SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=E:\SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=E:\SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=E:\SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=E:\SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=E:\MyTraffic\Aircraft
SimObjectPaths.7=E:\Aircraft
SimObjectPaths.8=E:\mytraffic\supertrafficboard v2.2 demo\aircraft

Somehow this affects the scenery. Maybe you can give me a hint. If I have the path to standard fsx directory (I kept all objects, aircraft etc also there) there's no problem and ZurichX finds its textures.

When I run FSX with these settings, it works

SimObjectPaths.0=E:\SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=E:\SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=E:\SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=E:\MyTraffic\Aircraft
SimObjectPaths.7=E:\Aircraft
SimObjectPaths.8=E:\mytraffic\supertrafficboard v2.2 demo\aircraft
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 09:41:22 am by blaunarwal »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 10:27:13 am »
Somehow this affects the scenery. Maybe you can give me a hint. If I have the path to standard fsx directory (I kept all objects, aircraft etc also there) there's no problem and ZurichX finds its textures.

That's to be expected: the Simobjects files for Zurich use a relative path to the fsdreamteam\ZurichX\scenery folder to find their textures, which means you can't just move the Simobject folder, but the whole FSX folder on the E: drive

In fact, moving just the Simobject folder wouldn't be so effective for speed ( I guess you use an SSD drive ), than moving the whole FSX install, because many Simobjects relies on textures on the main FSX folder.

blaunarwal

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 10:57:21 pm »
In fact I use a SSD drive, but unfortunately it's only 120 GB. I can't put the whole FSX and all aircraft and sceneries on it. I found boat traffic causes stutter, when reading the ship objects. I therefore started testing moving these objects to the fast drive. But the boats also need textures from E:\Scenery\Global\Texture as I found out. Then it works well and stutter is a little less long.