Author Topic: Very Long Pause  (Read 3356 times)

Valcor

Very Long Pause
« on: March 14, 2012, 11:52:46 pm »
Approaching KLAX at about the 15-20 mile mark I always get a long 5 second pause while the airport loads in.  Even the cursor changes into the rotating disc it last so long.  I also have KLAS, KFLL, PHNL, and none of thm have this problem.

Any setting I can change to help this or perhaps a re-install is in order?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Very Long Pause
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 12:16:05 am »
That's absolutely normal. The scenery range it's 16 NM so, you just entered in the loading range, and the pause is the scenery loading its objects, KLAX is fairly complex, so the pause might be more noticeable than other sceneries.

You can control this a bit, by setting the Anti-pop up value of the Addon Manager to an higher value.

But, this won't change anything that happens at 16 NM. If anything, raising the Anti-pop up might even increase the pause BUT, there won't be any other loading pauses. Instead, lowering it up to its default value (1), might decrease the loading pause at 16 NM, at the cost of having other minor pauses when going closer, due to the delayed loading of smaller object. At the maximum value, *everything* will be loaded at 16 NM.

The setting is there, because most users would prefer having a single pause in the distance, and then a smooth approach, rather than a shorter pause initially, but followed by several smaller pauses when on final.

So, basically, the total time of the pause will be always there, you can only choose if you want to have a single big pause, or several smaller ones.

Valcor

Re: Very Long Pause
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 12:18:28 am »
Ah, ok.  Thanks for the good explanation.  I would prefer the one big pause myself.  I'm happy just knowing that it is normal and not something with my setup.

Thank you!