Author Topic: Corrupt installation  (Read 8798 times)

Skyrock

Corrupt installation
« on: March 12, 2012, 12:33:02 am »
Hey,

I've got a problem with LAX on FS9. I already installed it and activated it using the key given after I purchased the product, however, the flight sim is asking whether I want to activate the scenery on startup. I guess there went something wrong, because when looking up the Addon Manager, it is listed as "active", so it must have worked out properly. Do I need to delete some files that are corrupt? I had this scenery some time ago as demo, maybe there went something wrong during deinstallation. I have the latest version: 1.3.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 12:35:33 am by Skyrock »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Corrupt installation
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 10:32:42 am »
That is active or not, doesn't have anything to do if it's installed or not. A scenery can be active but not installed, or installed but not active. If the scenery is active, but not installed, you still have to install it in order to see it.

So, just install the scenery, and be sure not to confuse the full installer with the 1.3 patch.

Skyrock

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 10:42:39 am »
That is active or not, doesn't have anything to do if it's installed or not. A scenery can be active but not installed, or installed but not active. If the scenery is active, but not installed, you still have to install it in order to see it.

So, just install the scenery, and be sure not to confuse the full installer with the 1.3 patch.

So how do I install it? I downloaded the file here: http://fsdreamteam.com/products_klax.html           ("Download FS9 Version") and executed it. Or is there something else I need to take? The scenery shows up btw when I'm in KLAX and there's no trial note anymore.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 11:28:07 am »
The scenery shows up btw when I'm in KLAX and there's no trial note anymore.

The scenery shows, the Trial doesn't appear anymore so, what is exactly the problem ?

Skyrock

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 11:44:34 am »
The scenery shows up btw when I'm in KLAX and there's no trial note anymore.

The scenery shows, the Trial doesn't appear anymore so, what is exactly the problem ?

The problem is that when I start the flight sim, a window comes up with the question whether I want to activate the scenery or not which is really annoying.

Skyrock

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 01:18:45 pm »
Okay, now I get the problem. The FS is asking for an activation for Cloud9 Los Angeles, however, I don't have any scenery installed, its only listed in the Addons Manager but not as active. What can I do to delete this issue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 02:27:50 pm »
Okay, now I get the problem. The FS is asking for an activation for Cloud9 Los Angeles,

This because you have a Serial Number for Cloud9 Los Angeles in the registry, but is not activated

however, I don't have any scenery installed, its only listed in the Addons Manager but not as active

As I've said, the installation status doesn't have anything to do with the activation. A scenery can be active but not installed, or installed but not active.

This is made so you are free to uninstall / reinstall a scenery as many times as you wish, without having to worry about losing its activation. It would be wrong if the registration was removed by simply uninstalling the scenery.

What can I do to delete this issue?

Just let it activate, even if you don't have the scenery installed, so it won't ask for it anymore.

Skyrock

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 03:20:00 pm »
But when I press "Yes" there's an error "-25001 Serial not found"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 05:34:16 pm »
But when I press "Yes" there's an error "-25001 Serial not found"

This means your Serial is wrong. However, I've checked the failed activations log, and found some activations errors from your IP that indicates you have a serial labeled as "None", which is not normal, since if the Serial is "None", it shouldn't even *try* to activate it.

Are you sure you are using a current version of the Addon Manager, not an old one, maybe the one that came with the Cloud9 scenery ? Download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9 and check if the message goes away.

Skyrock

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 07:26:47 pm »
Okay, I installed the latest version of the AddOn Manager (standalone installer), however, I can't get rid of this message. What I wonder is, since it's about the Cloud9 Scenery and not FSDTs, is there a way to kill it completely? I don't need the Cloud9 Scenery at all...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 11:15:39 am »
This just can't happen, because I'm fairly sure the current version of the Addon Manager doesn't try to activate a "None" serial. However, you can just remove the key located at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cloud9

Skyrock

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 11:40:26 am »
Yay, not its not asking anymore. Thank you very much!