Author Topic: GSX wrong sound card  (Read 4194 times)

voodoo101

GSX wrong sound card
« on: March 10, 2012, 06:15:13 pm »
I have just purchased GSX and installed, however the sound is coming from the wrong sound card.

I have 2 sound cards installed in my system, a PCI card and onboard sound. FSX is set with the PCI cards as the default sound card. Windows 7 is set with the PCI cards as default however GSX is still intent on playing through the onboard sound. All other sounds from FSX and any program running on my system all play out of the PCI card. Any ideas?

voodoo101

Re: GSX wrong sound card
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 06:59:47 pm »
Update: I have managed getting it running on the which ever card I class as default in Windows 7 but it will not run on the FSX default. Possible for an update, the option to choose which sound card it runs on, or enable it to run on the same card set in FSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 09:50:11 pm »
Possible for an update, the option to choose which sound card it runs on

The Audio setting panel already allows to choose the sound card used by GSX

voodoo101

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 11:37:18 am »
My mistake. Missed that setting. Thank you.

Excellent product, just needs a few more updates such as the option to have stairs automatically come in when you arrive on gate and the option to choose ground services for a certain airport, I had air france stairs serving at bournemouth airport, an airport they have never served. All of which I am sure the team are working on. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 06:46:14 pm »
just needs a few more updates such as the option to have stairs automatically come in when you arrive on gate

This is not a problem, it's made intentionally and will not change: nothing is created automatically until you choose to do something with a parking, so those using AES could choose which service to use.

and the option to choose ground services for a certain airport, I had air france stairs serving at bournemouth airport, an airport they have never served. All of which I am sure the team are working on.

Sorry, but it's not possible that Air France would serve an airport in England, just check the sim.cfg for the Staircase, and there are no icao codes that matches england in the Airfrace (AF) repaint.