Author Topic: Installation Problem  (Read 4412 times)

papilot312

Installation Problem
« on: April 24, 2008, 11:24:27 am »
Hi,

In trying to install the demo for FS9, I got a message saying that it needed Windows NT version such-and-such or higher. I am running Windows XP so I don't quite understand what the problem is. I didn't see this issue reported on the forum previously, so I'd like to post it now and see if we can figure out how I might possibly be able to install the KORD scenery demo to check it out.

Thanks!

Tim

thepilot

Re: Installation Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 12:47:41 pm »
Are you certain it's NT and not Windows NET framework ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 12:59:34 pm »
No, .NET framework it's not needed.

It's an installer thing, it checks your Windows version being either XP or Vista, to install some files in the proper locations. The XP version should be with at least SP1 applied, otherwise the installer will not run.

You can check your Windows version by choosing Start->Run and type "Winver" + ENTER

It must be build 2600sp1 at least. The complete minimum version number for XP SP1 is 5.01.2600sp1

papilot312

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 02:06:17 pm »
No, .NET framework it's not needed.

It's an installer thing, it checks your Windows version being either XP or Vista, to install some files in the proper locations. The XP version should be with at least SP1 applied, otherwise the installer will not run.

You can check your Windows version by choosing Start->Run and type "Winver" + ENTER

It must be build 2600sp1 at least. The complete minimum version number for XP SP1 is 5.01.2600sp1

Ah, that must be it...okay, makes sense. Thought I had SP1 installed but mustn't have installed it after my last Windows install. First installer I've seen that cares about that, but makes sense.

Thanks!

Tim