Author Topic: sound problem  (Read 6640 times)

spinker

sound problem
« on: March 09, 2012, 07:42:55 pm »

Hello,

I am not getting any voice sound in GSX.
I am getting tractor sounds.
I do have volume turned up full in GSX settings.
Diagnostics says audio working properly.

How to fix this??

Larry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: sound problem
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 09:13:38 pm »
Even if the diagnostic says there are no problems, that would only indicates a disabled driver or so but, if your sound card drivers don't properly support OpenAL ( a standard library for positional audio ), there might be problems with some sounds.

Try this OpenAl download from Creative:

http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/Downloads/oalinst.zip

spinker

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 06:33:30 pm »
Hello,

Thank you but this fie did not work.

Today I found  replacement file for "pushback crew" on AVSIM.

The readme file said I should install this file to..........

\FSX Directory\fsdreamteam\couatl\gsx\sounds\pushback.

When I opened this file I did not find a directory called "sounds" is this possibley the reason I am not getting sounds??

Possibly a problem with my install??

Larry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 06:39:37 pm »
When I opened this file I did not find a directory called "sounds" is this possibley the reason I am not getting sounds??

This means you haven't installed GSX, or removed something by mistake: the sound folder should be there, and it's surely the reason why you don't have sound.

spinker

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 06:52:38 pm »
Hello,

Virtuali says GSX is installed and ACTIVE

All the functions of GSX work except sound.

Do you have a suggestion for what I should do?

Im sure you dont recall but I had a lot problems with Couatl constanly disappearing but it has been working properly for a while now. Dont want to do anythng to cause it to start disappearing again.

Is it possible to send the "sound" directory and I could install it my self in the GSX directory.

Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Larry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 06:57:27 pm »
Virtuali says GSX is installed and ACTIVE

I don't see why you should report this, nobody ever said this could be in any way related to the activation.

Do you have a suggestion for what I should do?

Since the only reason why you have everything working except the sound folder, and the sound folder is always installed with GSX, the only possible explanation left, is that you mistakenly removed it and forgot about it.

Just reinstall GSX and the folder will reappear.

spinker

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 07:45:02 pm »
Hello,

I have never been in that directory, no reason to go there until today looking to replace sound file with new AVSIM flile so I could not have removed it.

Not important

I want to reinstall GSX how would I do it I want to be sure I do not disturb Couatl.

Do I do this thru Virtuali using De-Activate and then Reinstall or do I have to remove thru Add Remove Programs. and download the product over again.

I want to do this right since everything is working properly now so please tell me the proper way to do this.

Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 08:54:51 pm »
I have never been in that directory, no reason to go there until today looking to replace sound file with new AVSIM flile so I could not have removed it.

Whole folders don't disappear by themselves and since (according to your description) everything else works, which obviously safely discount the fact you haven't installed GSX, it can only due to "something" in your system that have removed it, whether you did intentionally or not, or you had some kind of unusual system problem, like a corrupted hard disk sector, it's not really relevant but, you can be sure the folder should be there, because the installer will always put it there.

I want to reinstall GSX how would I do it I want to be sure I do not disturb Couatl

Why you think it should "disturb" it ?? Nothing in our installation will obviously disturb our own stuff, when there are problems, they are ALWAYS caused by other products (usually antivirus) or other problems in your system (like missing system libraries) but, if you have correctly configured the antivirus and finally fixed any system problems that prevented the program to run before, there's no reason uninstalling/reinstalling would cause any problem.

Do I do this thru Virtuali using De-Activate and then Reinstall or do I have to remove thru Add Remove Programs. and download the product over again.

If there was any need to do anything special, I would obviously said to do that. As explained many times already and as clearly indicated everywhere on the manuals, on the forum and on the FAQ page, you will NEVER, EVER lose your registration or need to deactivate or reactivate if you JUST uninstall/reinstall.

The only time you need to deactivate and reactivate, is if you have to reinstall *WINDOWS* from scratch OR if you change a major hardware component. You can even remove your entirely FSX, the activation wouldn't be affected at all, since it's NOT stored in FSX, it's stored in your Windows registry. You can uninstall/reinstall the program an unlimited number of times, registration will never be affected.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:56:43 pm by virtuali »

spinker

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 04:23:31 am »

Reinstalled with sound

Thank you for your patience.

Larry