Author Topic: Refueling for ac not using FSX fuel page...questions for Umberto.  (Read 4450 times)

crauds

I have read what I could concerning this issue.  I understand that refueling time is calculated based on the difference between what was in the tanks when truck arrived compared to what was subsequently entered into the tanks via the fuel page.  Fuel truck will then stay parked for that calculated time span, correct?  I use ConcordeX, NGX, PMDG 747, and F1 Super80 pro, all of which use their own special pages to enter fuel load.  When I simulate with these aircraft, should I first call the fuel truck and then when it arrives open the special loading page for that aircraft and enter the amount I will be using?  Must I then immediately exit that fueling page?  Will the fuel truck then use that fuel addition for timing in the same way it does for aircraft using FSX fuel window?  Must I immediately exit the page or, as in the case of the NGX, can I just continue with my normal sequence of preflight (or CDU inputs)?  What is the correct GSX procedure for these special commercial add-ons so that the fuel truck will spend correct loading time?

I did a test flight with ConcordeX and when I loaded fuel through the interface window and then exited, the fuel truck came, waited 25 seconds and then departed.  Amazing for a fuel load of almost 200,000 pounds!   

On another Concorde issue:  GSX would not let me pushback after I started the middle two engines at the gate which is SOP!  I think that you must require that I request Pushback first and THEN when commanded, start the inboard engines(?)  I started first and then requested pushback and it would not allow it. 

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Refueling for ac not using FSX fuel page...questions for Umberto.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 08:16:09 pm »
I have read what I could concerning this issue.  I understand that refueling time is calculated based on the difference between what was in the tanks when truck arrived compared to what was subsequently entered into the tanks via the fuel page.  Fuel truck will then stay parked for that calculated time span, correct? 

Yes.

I use ConcordeX, NGX, PMDG 747, and F1 Super80 pro, all of which use their own special pages to enter fuel load.  When I simulate with these aircraft, should I first call the fuel truck and then when it arrives open the special loading page for that aircraft and enter the amount I will be using?  Must I then immediately exit that fueling page?

Yes, it's all right, but there's a time out, since GSX can't possibly know if you are still in a page which is not the standard one, there's a timeout ( I believe it's 15 seconds ), if you stay in the refueling page more than that, it will assume the minium waiting time, as specified in the GSX Time settings.

On another Concorde issue:  GSX would not let me pushback after I started the middle two engines at the gate which is SOP!  I think that you must require that I request Pushback first and THEN when commanded, start the inboard engines(?)  I started first and then requested pushback and it would not allow it. 

GSX will *require* you start the 2 and 3 engines at the gate, and you should start them just after you asked for Pushback, when it says "Captain, are you ready for Pushback ?", you will take the time you need to start them, and Pushback will not start until both are running, the message will remind you of it.

crauds

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 12:28:16 am »
?Yes, it's all right, but there's a time out, since GSX can't possibly know if you are still in a page which is not the standard one, there's a timeout ( I believe it's 15 seconds ), if you stay in the refueling page more than that, it will assume the minium waiting time, as specified in the GSX Time settings.

Thanks, Umberto.  I think I am getting the hang of it.  But when I tested each plane when the fuel truck arrived most of them instantly brought me to the default FSX fuel page.  The Concorde for one, requires a certain fuel distribution among the many tanks and this MUST be done thru the FSLAB interface.  Likewise the fuel/payload for the Level-D and the PMDG B744 is usually done from the desk-top before starting FSX.  I have not tried the NGX yet.  What this necesitated me doing was to put an approximate fuel load into the FSX default page and then, before I completed my preflight, go into the specific interface page and configure/load fuel correctly.  This seems like a cumbersome workaround.  Is there a better way?   I don't understand what you mean by the 15 second delay.  When the truck arrived it seems the screen pops up right away.  Of course the big problem is that all the UT2 AI traffic resets itself anytime I leave the main program display.   These factors detract from the realism I had hoped from this program.

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 09:39:34 am »
I don't understand what you mean by the 15 second delay.  When the truck arrived it seems the screen pops up right away

As I've said:

since GSX can't possibly know if you are still in a page which is not the standard one, there's a timeout

So, that only applies to airplanes that have the default fuel page disabled, and right now the PMDG 737 NGX is the only one that has, when we'll release the airplane editor, you'll be able to set this as a preference for each airplane.

crauds

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 10:46:24 am »
Great!  Thanks again.  I will be looking forward to that airplane editor. 

Craig
Craig Williams