Author Topic: Feelthere ERJ 145 V2 wrong side cargo door  (Read 9699 times)

virtual_francky

Feelthere ERJ 145 V2 wrong side cargo door
« on: March 07, 2012, 01:39:36 pm »
Hi, first thank you for this great product.
I have tested this mornig with the ERJ 145 V2 form feelthere, and the truck for the luggage goes to the wrong side of the aircraft. it should go on the left and not the right side of the airplane.
Could you please have a look at this and give a correction for it.

Thank you

Franck Birolini

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Feelthere ERJ 145 V2 wrong side cargo door
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 02:06:46 pm »
GSX doesn't support baggages/cargo loaded from the left.

virtual_francky

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 03:16:03 pm »
ok, thanks for the answer, should be implemented, because the erj 135 ans 145 series load from left.

Franck

Pooch

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 10:31:27 am »
I second the request of implementation ( possibly via a choice-menu ) as also CRJ100/200/700/900 load left, ATR 42/72 front left and aft right, and many others, especially general aviation.
Peter

pablo636

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 09:49:43 pm »
that is an erj bug...and there is a solution on their forum(I tried it, but not resolved ;D)

Fortes

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 04:50:20 pm »
hello, a strange thing because in FSX with Win8, luggage load is usually the left side, after formatting with win7 and now he has this problem?
any solution?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 05:11:12 pm »
hello, a strange thing because in FSX with Win8, luggage load is usually the left side, after formatting with win7 and now he has this problem? any solution?

The last message was from 2 years ago, GSX now supports cargo loading from the left, and the default configuration for the Feelthere ERJ 145 that comes with GSX is made that way.

If you don't have it, the most likely explanation is that you have a configuration file you made, either in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX or in the FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes folder, that was made before GSX supported baggage on the left side, so you must remove it, because an user configuration will always take precedence over the configuration that comes with GSX.

Dark_Oblivion

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 03:57:37 pm »
I still have this problem too. I've only just installed this aircraft so I haven't touched the config file and I haven't edited the GSX config file either. Is there a way to fix this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 05:23:16 pm »
As I've said in my last message, the GSX default configuration is correct and loads cargo from the left side.

If it doesn't work on your system the most likely explanation is that you have a configuration file you made, either in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX or in the FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes folder, that was made before GSX supported baggage on the left side, so you must remove it, because an user configuration will always take precedence over the configuration that comes with GSX.

Dark_Oblivion

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 01:03:22 am »
As I said in my last message, I hadn't touched/changed or added anything to the configuration files.

I figured out a fix myself, so hopefully this will help those who have this problem. It looks like FeelThere made a typo or error in their positioning of the cargo doors in the config file. So if you find this section in the config file for each of the Embraer Regional jets:

[exits]
number_of_exits=2
exit.0 = 0.4, -27.49, -3.68,  4.49, 0
exit.1 = 0.4, -27.11,  3.6,  2.1, 1

and change the third number for 'exit.1' to -3.6 (it's the same value for all three planes), so that it looks like this:

[exits]
number_of_exits=2
exit.0 = 0.4, -27.49, -3.68,  4.49, 0
exit.1 = 0.4, -27.11,  -3.6,  2.1, 1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 10:32:38 am »
The issue is, the [exits] sections of the airplane.cfg file is used by GSX only when there's no better information available, because it's not usually very precise.

If you fixed the problem by editing the aircraft.cfg, it means the internal GSX configuration wasn't in use, because the airplane hasn't been recognized. This might happen if it's installed in a folder with a different name than its own default, for example if you added new version in a new folder.

airernie

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 06:01:53 am »
Found this thread after posting my 'slew' message. 

I am assuming that GSX recognized the ERJ-135 correctly because the title is in the configuration box.  However, the aircraft pictured looks to be a Boeing or Airbus.  Too many exterior doors and all of the doors on the left side are labeled Passenger.

Is there a way to determine if GSX is correctly finding the Feelthere ERJ-135/145 and if so, why it's using an incorrect model in the configuration dialog?

Thanks..

Ernie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2015, 03:08:24 pm »
I am assuming that GSX recognized the ERJ-135 correctly because the title is in the configuration box.  However, the aircraft pictured looks to be a Boeing or Airbus.  Too many exterior doors and all of the doors on the left side are labeled Passenger.

That picture is always the same, is not supposed to change, and the location of the door icons doesn't have anything to do with their left/right positioning. ONLY the actual coordinates matters.

Is there a way to determine if GSX is correctly finding the Feelthere ERJ-135/145 and if so, why it's using an incorrect model in the configuration dialog?

GSX correctly found the airplane, as indicated in the Title. The lines below, will tell you from which source the configuration data is taken.