Author Topic: Question about GSX before I buy  (Read 6528 times)

voodoo101

Question about GSX before I buy
« on: March 07, 2012, 10:19:10 am »
Hi all

I am thinking about purchasing GSX but have a couple of questions. Well one question and one request.

With regards to jeyways, I understand that GSX uses the CTRL + J options for default airways but what does it do for addon scenery. Some of my addon scenery has static jetways (some add animated jetways via AES), some have animated jetways that need a nav frequency to move (such as UK2000). Does GSX add jetways to termianls and does it automaticall send a nav frquency for the ones that need them?

With regards to the request. I am purchasing FS2Crew for the NGX and was wondering in FSDT had thought of collaborating with Bryan at FS2Crew to get the two to interact. The FS2CRew co-pilot could call for pushback, request the follow me car, call for ground service. This would cut out the use of the onscreen menu and make FSX seem that little more realistic.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Question about GSX before I buy
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 11:52:57 am »
With regards to jeyways, I understand that GSX uses the CTRL + J options for default airways but what does it do for addon scenery.

GSX does nothing for the jetways, it doens't use, it doesn't change, it doesn't interact and it's not being affected by how you operate jetways. Which means, if the scenery has them using the default method, they will continue working as they were, if the scenery has static, they will continue being static, and if the scenery use a different method than default (like COM frequencies) they'll continue to work as before.

With regards to the request. I am purchasing FS2Crew for the NGX and was wondering in FSDT had thought of collaborating with Bryan at FS2Crew to get the two to interact. The FS2CRew co-pilot could call for pushback, request the follow me car, call for ground service. This would cut out the use of the onscreen menu and make FSX seem that little more realistic.

Yes, it has already been discussed here, once we'll finalize the product with all the features needed, we'll work on an API that other products can interface with.

Joe Porter

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 07:08:14 pm »
Hi, I am on the beta test team with FS2Crew and I have let Bryan know where you are on this and I am sure he will look forward to a future API.

BTW, your product is awesome!

Joe

kevinfirth

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 10:33:46 am »
Bump! Any news at all on an API a few months down the line please?
I love fsx and fs2crew but to get them working together would be fantastic :)
Cheers
K

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 01:20:25 pm »
We have opened a section for developers in this forum, and would like to hear their suggestions:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7585.0