Author Topic: VASI and RWSL problem  (Read 4627 times)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
VASI and RWSL problem
« on: March 05, 2012, 03:24:31 am »
Umberto,

I noticed since the latest update of GSX that my VASI and RWSL lights aren't working properly. I'm not sure which update from GSX may have caused it since I have been flying at some other airports lately, but when GSX first came out they were working ok and I haven't done anything to KDFW or added anything lately besides GSX.

With the RSWL's what is happening is the red lights on the taxiways that cross the runways are turned on RED even when there is no AI on the runway. Today I did a flight out of there and as I was taxiing from D36 to 18L I noticed that every taxiway that uses these that crossed 18L was lit up and I had all AI turned off, so I know it wasn't an a/c on the runway.

Also, the VASI's are not all on. When I got onto 18L only 1 of the 4 VASI lights were working. I remember a long time ago when KDFW launched I had some of those problems with the VASI's but you were able to fix it in an update. Now, for some reason since using GSX, I am having the VASI issues again, although when I was testing GSX in the beta phase they seemed to be working fine.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: VASI and RWSL problem
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 11:14:31 am »
We'll check this.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 12:57:00 am »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 07:34:53 pm »
Any news on this Umberto?

I've noticed that the problem only seems to happen when I start a flight at KDFW, but if I fly to KDFW from another location the PAPI and RWLS seem to work ok.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 10:35:42 pm »
Umberto, have you had a chance to look at this yet?

To reiterate, I am noticing that when I am at KDFW and haven't activated GSX the VASI's and RWSL work properly, but as soon as I start a GSX function it seems to break those features. If I am arriving at KDFW the VASI and RWSL seem to work fine, but if I start a GSX function after landing then take off again the problem where some of the VASI lights disappear or the RWSL lights get stuck on even when there is no a/c on the said runway. Seems like there is some interaction with GSX that is blocking the VASI and RWSL lights from working properly.

Also, the only things I have running when this happens in the NGX. UT2 is disabled and am using WOAI. The only other modules in the Addon Menu are Couatl, FSUIPC, EZdok. VistaMare, Addon Manager.

I noticed something else that is kind of weird as well. If I load a flight there with stormy or cloudy weather, somethings the runway lights will turn on on the runways 35l, 35c, but on the other side of the airport, the runway lights aren't on for 36l or 36r. Dont know if this is all part of the same conflict with the VASI/RSWL thing.