Author Topic: Pushback  (Read 3643 times)

cdnavi8r

• Beta tester
Pushback
« on: February 29, 2012, 09:00:02 pm »
Hello again, another bug I found in GSX is a pushback.

When a pushback is to be made in a turn greater than 90*, a weird series of events happen.  A broken nose gear, busted shear pins on the tow bar, and I don't know what else.

Here's a few pictures from a pushback to the right (the only way out of the ramp) at Calgary's airport gate 12.

The tractor starts pushing the plane's tail to the right, but then keeps going around, doing a complete 360* under and around to the other side, pushing the airplane back to the left, then back again to the right.  

Will there be or can there be a straight back pushback? Or in this procedure would be, push back slightly to the right, and pull forward towards the taxiline.

Thanks again

Dan
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:20:25 am by cdnvi8r »

caffman263

Re: Pushback
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 06:28:41 am »
I posted about this happening at one gate at LAX a while ago, since then I bought GSX and use it all over. I've been seeing this too at many airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 09:55:04 am »
Please, when doing such reports, never ever saying "at many airports", because it obviously doesn't help us, at all.

Always include the following data:

- Which airport, and if it's not default, clearly indicates the scenery used and, even if it's default, if a non-default AFCAD is used.

- The parking position you choose

- The pushback direction, left/right

cdnavi8r

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 12:11:28 am »
I've included the airport at which this was used. CanUk's Calgary airport, gate 12, pushback to the Left. Non default airport, with an AFCAD recreated by me.  I've seen this at many gates, including gates 41,42, 43, and 44 on the Terminal D side. The AFCAD itself present no issues when asked for a Fault Finder.

It's been noticed that this pushback occurence happens with turns greater than 90 degrees, in either direction.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 02:19:29 am »
Non default airport, with an AFCAD recreated by me.  I've seen this at many gates, including gates 41,42, 43, and 44 on the Terminal D side. The AFCAD itself present no issues when asked for a Fault Finder.

Does it happen if using the default AFCAD. It might not necessarily be a fault of the AFCAD, but just how nodes are placed, it would be useful if you posted the AFCAD.