Author Topic: No Pushback, again and again...  (Read 4986 times)

Fab10

No Pushback, again and again...
« on: February 29, 2012, 08:53:14 pm »
Yes, GSX adds realism and immersion, and by and large it is a fine product with a great future, but only when it works. All too often, GSX is not useable at all or partially useable at the various airports that I use, and often some GSX services are available whilst others are not.
For instance, parked at Firenze LIRQ, using default scenery initially, and then a downloaded LIRQ AFCAD, both times GSX gives me all options except pushback, despite being alone parked on a large apron parking spot.
Whilst I appreciate the customise facility, I haven't the patience to rearrange and adjust nearly all the GSX dysfunctional airports that I visit in my virtual travels. Rarely can I use fully utilise GSX throughout a central European flight; there's nearly always something amiss.
Therefore I ask that an option be provided within GSX to restore (only) the default FSX pushback truck - if GSX cannot provide this service, then please allow FSX to provide the pushback service on the basis that something (FSX) is better than nothing (GSX).
Thanks,
Fabs

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Pushback, again and again...
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 09:54:24 pm »
As explained, many times already, GSX can't decide automatically if the Pushback preference was set to "None", because the scenery designer really *meant* no Pushback should be allowed on that parking, or simply because he made a mistake/forgot about it.

The customization option is already there to fix this, I doubt *all* the airports you fly into all have pushback disabled but if they do, it's the AFCAD which is broken. Even default FSX airports have their pushback preference set it quite reasonably, one would expect a downloaded AFCAD would *improve* on the default one, not worsen it...

However, we are probably can deal with it, by putting a global option to just ignore an AFCAD pushback preference set to "None", and consider it as being "Both". Of course, it would be your responsibility to then choose the correct direction, because if the way you chosen put your airplane with the nose in front of a wall, it's nothing that GSX can fix.

Fab10

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 11:58:22 pm »
Thanks, as always, you're replies are appreciated.
I have, like many, grasped the enormity of the undertaking as regards the need for GSX to recognise and handle every conceivable airport layout and afcad update.
I don't mind that often it doesn't pan out, and that GSX services cannot be provided. When this occurs, it would be nice to temporarily re-enable FSX push-back tugs so that we can use shift-p as before (an aircraft moving backwards without a visible tug doesn't look right).
Anyway, thanks for the update, and for a great product.
Fabs

Der Flieger

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 11:19:45 pm »
However, we are probably can deal with it, by putting a global option to just ignore an AFCAD pushback preference set to "None", and consider it as being "Both". Of course, it would be your responsibility to then choose the correct direction, because if the way you chosen put your airplane with the nose in front of a wall, it's nothing that GSX can fix.

I would highly appreciate such function in a future version of GSX!

Cheers,
Sebastian
Regards,
Sebastian Szuecs

p3dx3

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 09:35:51 am »
I'm also seeing no pushback, is it possible in the next version to enable the global option, and allow us to select left or right? Thanks!