Author Topic: Parking Spot Selection - AI occupied  (Read 3528 times)

philbrown

Parking Spot Selection - AI occupied
« on: February 25, 2012, 11:42:09 pm »
Hi,

In the GSX manual, it states this:
The list will also display if the parking place is free or taken by another AI airplane,
with a time indication in minutes:seconds before the parking place will be available
(based on the AI Traffic Schedule) or “(available soon)” if that AI is scheduled to
depart in the next minute.

I've only ever seen "available soon" as an option. I've never seen a time in this window, even just sitting at an airport watching a number of aircraft push back.

From my experience, if a spot is occupied, it will state "available soon", iregardless of whether the spot will actually be available soon or not.

Is there a reason as to this discrepancy between the manual and the actual program?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking Spot Selection - AI occupied
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 12:07:57 am »
Do you use Ultimate Traffic 2 ?

In that case, it seems that, due to how the AIs in UT2 are created (programmatically, instead that from a regular traffic.bgl file), they don't report their ETD via Simconnect.

philbrown

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 12:43:06 pm »
Ultimate Traffic 2 - yes, I had a feeling that might be it.

Thanks for the reply.

NdR

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 10:08:50 am »
I'd like to know, how You guys work with UT2 and GSX. I believe every parking is always occupied by the UT2 aircrafts. My way of this is to disable UT2 for a second, pick a parking spot and taxi to it while enabling UT2 traffic. When I am very close to the spot, I disable the traffic for the second time.

I'd like to see easier method of wiping out the UT2 aircraft from my chosen gate/parking. Is it possible? I recall parking editor in both programs. Could somebody chime in? Many thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 12:03:47 pm »
GSX removes AI and ground objects from a parking but, if you select a parking as soon as you land, it's possible the parking will be taken again by an AI by the time you taxi there. A solution might be selecting the parking a bit later, when you are closer to it.