Author Topic: Orlando for FS9 (Please)...  (Read 15740 times)

Dillon

Orlando for FS9 (Please)...
« on: October 29, 2007, 07:40:58 pm »
First of all you guys did an outstanding job with Zurich.  It really begs the question since the option is being made with most scenery could you guys revisit Orlando and make it compatible with FS9.  I'd go so far as to say I don't mind the default ground scenery, could we at least have everything else.  The only options we have in Orlando now in FS9 is the default or Simflyer's framerate intensive version.

Thanks for any consideration on this effort...

Timm Rehberg

Re: Orlando for FS9 (Please)...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 09:16:15 am »
I´m happier when.......about New York J.F.K. or Atlanta :)

Best regarts,
Timmy
Best regards from the beautiful part of Germany,
"Blackforest" :)

Timmy

Dillon

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 07:40:19 pm »
Imaginesim is doing KATL.  I too would like to see an updated KJFK on the level of Zurich.  The main thing here is 90% of the work has been done on Orlando Intl by this team where as a project like KJFK would be a whole new endeavor.  We need a good version of Orlando Intl in FS9 and hopefully these are the guys to do it...  ;)

B777ER

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 04:11:35 am »
I second that, I would pay for a FS9 version of Orlando as well.
Eric

Barnesy2006

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 10:50:31 am »
I'd also love to see this aswell and would be more than happy to pay the going rate!!!

Silverbird

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 05:02:16 pm »
You can count me as well for a fs9 version of Orlando I know they would have to redo a lot of stuff textures some ground work and many things almost like starting over I believe well at least one can only wish lol.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

Dillon

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 04:17:31 pm »
Looking at all the views on this thread I sure hope others chime in with support for Orlando FS9.  Who else do we expect to do this airport??? It's not slated on any other developer's agenda.  I always thought Orlando a popular destination worthy of some justice in an efficiently running version of Flight Simulator...  :'(
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 07:43:59 pm by Dillon »

01pewterz28

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 12:06:16 am »
I would love to have a good Orlando Intl for FS9 hell I live 20 minutes from MCO count me in :)

Sean

geoffbecks

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 12:48:30 pm »

I would love yo see Orlando for FS9, It would mean makinging it compatable as it was developed for FSX in the first place ...But They did it for Bergen. Also I have read that the reason the gates in a lot of their sceneries wont work with AES is because they already work ( albeit not as good) in FS9. Now this is not the case in Bergen and I dare say it would be the same if they were to make Orlando backwards compatible, So lets go the whole hog and ask for them both to become AES compatable while we are at it.....I only enjoy flying into an airport now if it has AES......So come on lads PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! make it so.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 04:17:59 pm »
We are fully aware that KCMO for FS9 might be interesting but, there are a too many issues:

- We don't hold the copyright for KMCO, that's Cloud9 property. This means, we couldn't decide to publish it ourselves and Cloud9 should be involved. Unless, we rewrite the scenery from *scratch*, something that doesn't make sense for us, just for FS9.

- The trick that worked for LSZH and will work for KORD, is to derive both version from the same source data with minor changes, will not work for KMCO, if we want to publish independently.

- Even if we publish it independently, people would probably expect some kind of discount if they already have the FSX version, but that could only be made under Cloud9, because existing owners are all Cloud9's customers...

So basically, we are stuck of either publish it with Cloud9, or having to rewrite it from scratch, and that would be for FS9, because we are also bounded to not compete with Cloud9 with a similar product on the same sim.

For us, it would be far better if we concentrate to entirely new stuff. There are many big airports to do, that nobody seems to be interested doing, or are expected to be in low quality. There's a VERY important one, that everbody seems to be scared to do...and that fact alone might be a very good reason to do it.

It would be crucial how KORD sales will be, in this case. We are very satisfied of Zurich, it would be quite interesting for us to see how a big US airport can do, to decide our future directions.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 01:47:01 am »
There's a VERY important one, that everbody seems to be scared to do...and that fact alone might be a very good reason to do it.

It would be crucial how KORD sales will be, in this case. We are very satisfied of Zurich, it would be quite interesting for us to see how a big US airport can do, to decide our future directions.

With this statement we can make a very easy conclusion and your words are quite obvious:

- if KORD scenery is successful, if everybody is happy with this team and sales are excellent, the next one will be... of course... the scared one and at the same time, the forgotten one... KJFK  ;D ;D ;D

harpsi

Dillon

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 07:50:16 pm »
We are fully aware that KCMO for FS9 might be interesting but, there are a too many issues:

- We don't hold the copyright for KMCO, that's Cloud9 property. This means, we couldn't decide to publish it ourselves and Cloud9 should be involved. Unless, we rewrite the scenery from *scratch*, something that doesn't make sense for us, just for FS9.

- The trick that worked for LSZH and will work for KORD, is to derive both version from the same source data with minor changes, will not work for KMCO, if we want to publish independently.

- Even if we publish it independently, people would probably expect some kind of discount if they already have the FSX version, but that could only be made under Cloud9, because existing owners are all Cloud9's customers...

So basically, we are stuck of either publish it with Cloud9, or having to rewrite it from scratch, and that would be for FS9, because we are also bounded to not compete with Cloud9 with a similar product on the same sim.

For us, it would be far better if we concentrate to entirely new stuff. There are many big airports to do, that nobody seems to be interested doing, or are expected to be in low quality. There's a VERY important one, that everbody seems to be scared to do...and that fact alone might be a very good reason to do it.

I put in a request with Cloud9 as well.  There seems to be much support for this effort so maybe you guys can get together and talk.  To keep us using Simflyer's version is almost criminal...  ;)

With this statement we can make a very easy conclusion and your words are quite obvious:

- if KORD scenery is successful, if everybody is happy with this team and sales are excellent, the next one will be... of course... the scared one and at the same time, the forgotten one... KJFK  ;D ;D ;D

harpsi

I would more so say KDFW is the one developers are scared of...  Simflyers holds the record as the worst performing scenery for a major airport in FS history.  We really need a nice new KDFW for FS9...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 07:55:25 pm by Dillon »

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2007, 02:58:15 am »
Hi

But KDFW is done by imagine sim. Good or not so good, but it´s done for FS2004... KJFK was done for FS 2002 and updated for FS 2004 if I remember... Anyway I would prefer something in Europe if my opinion would count. Even if we concentrate ourselves in the west or central europe, maybe easier, there are a lot of things to do with quality: Basel, Oslo, Prague,...

harpsi 

KingCat

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 03:59:18 pm »
But KDFW is done by imagine sim.

KDFW done by ImagineSim?? I think you meant KDTW
KDFW was done by SimFlyers.

B777ER

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2007, 06:52:50 pm »
There's a VERY important one, that everbody seems to be scared to do...and that fact alone might be a very good reason to do it.

harpsi

Stand by! I agree with this as well. I could not even fathom FS Dreamteam doing JFK and for FS9 as well. Dear Lord would that be nice. I for one will help with ORD FS9 sales...I plan on buying it. Irregardless of what ORD sales do, if they do a FS9/FSX dual version JFK in the quality of Zurich, the team will likely set a FS sales record for the history of the entire sim. Umberto is right, it seems all quality payware guys are scared of it but the one team that actually does do it (dual platform) will have likely the best payday of a developer ever. People the world over know JFK and fly there on FS..it really is a no brainer. If they go ahead and do JFK and at the rate they are doing these great looking sceneries, the late summer/early fall of 2008 could be a great time of year!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 06:56:23 pm by B777ER »
Eric