Author Topic: Emergency Vehicle Support? - > Possible Expansion??  (Read 9698 times)

paul_smith_gw

Emergency Vehicle Support? - > Possible Expansion??
« on: February 25, 2012, 05:09:24 am »
It has always bothered me that FS never had a feature like this.... Maybe it could become a reality? lolz

utd4life

Re: Emergency Vehicle Support? - > Possible Expansion??
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 04:57:00 pm »
+ 1 I agree this would be nice :)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 05:43:37 pm »
Wouldn't make a lot of sense to add emergency vehicles to GSX, because FSX doesn't allow you to simulate emergency situations.  Crashing triggers to reset flight function and you end up where you start.  If you disable crash detection, you simply riccochet off the asphalt like a rock on water.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

paul_smith_gw

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 07:48:47 am »
Wouldn't make a lot of sense to add emergency vehicles to GSX, because FSX doesn't allow you to simulate emergency situations.  Crashing triggers to reset flight function and you end up where you start.  If you disable crash detection, you simply riccochet off the asphalt like a rock on water.

Actually it is possible if you use planes that simulate failures or if you use FSPassengers lolz.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 03:24:22 pm »
Simulating a failure isn't the same as simulating a crash.  I only know of one developer who simulates crash damage and does it well.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

utd4life

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 10:38:59 am »
Simulating a failure isn't the same as simulating a crash.  I only know of one developer who simulates crash damage and does it well.

Simulating an emergency doesn't mean having to simulate a crash. It could be an Emergency landing due to an engine fire, fire on board, landing gear problem, medical emergency. All of which in an aircraft like the 737ngx are able to setup (apart form the medical emergency, but this can be done if you have RC4), so emergency vehicles would be used in the above situations.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 03:16:11 pm »
Like I said earlier, FSX doesn't simulate emergencies.

utd4life

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 08:00:09 pm »

Yes it does, if you want it to.

voodoo101

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 08:32:13 pm »
I think what they are asking for is fire and ambulances to meet the plane at the end of the runway, as if you had an engine failure or some other emergency. Not a crash team to come and inspect the parts of the plane and look through dead bodies. A lot of plane have minor emergencies and land safely but will still be met with emergency services. Not that many crash.

utd4life

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 08:36:34 pm »
I think what they are asking for is fire and ambulances to meet the plane at the end of the runway, as if you had an engine failure or some other emergency. Not a crash team to come and inspect the parts of the plane and look through dead bodies. A lot of plane have minor emergencies and land safely but will still be met with emergency services. Not that many crash.

+1

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 09:08:48 pm »

Yes it does, if you want it to.

I'm talking about FSX as it comes from Microsoft, not addons like NGX or RC4.

Wynthorpe

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 07:24:46 pm »
No point in this what so ever!

skimmer

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 12:56:18 am »
I agree with having police or ambulance. Maybe even fire truck to sit next to simulated engine fire. So good idea.

dlarokk

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 10:38:44 pm »
I would like this.

Bruce, your making zero sense. With the same logic, why don't you say we shouldn't have GSX at all, since FSX doesn't simulate the passengers?