Author Topic: My bags!  (Read 8122 times)

cdnavi8r

• Beta tester
My bags!
« on: February 24, 2012, 10:03:34 pm »
I will say that GSX is a wonderful product, makes an non-AES airport come to life!  

I do have a few questions concerning the bags. Some topics were already brought up, so I won't mention it again.
First of all, where are my bags going? Shouldn't they be going to the terminal?
I circled where the bags are in the picture, compared to the airplane and the terminal, no wonder the passengers wait forever to get their bags.  Any ideas?  
This is taken from CanUK Calgary airport for FSX, on the Airbus X A320.  
For things to work properly, we will need to fix EVERY Afcad with roads to and from the terminal so that the appropriate vehicles will go where they need to go? Doesn't make sense.

Any updates on this would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time on a great product.

BritishBoy25

Re: My bags!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 10:19:44 pm »
 :)

msalo

• Reach for the sky!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 04:12:49 am »

That's where the bags go to be examined and all valuables removed before the bags are delivered to the terminal!!!  ;)

Matt Salo - Minneapolis, MN, USA (KMSP & KFCM)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 10:14:56 am »
When it's done, the baggage train goes away, usually to its parking vehicle spot, or another parking if there isn't one. It can't obviously go to the terminal, since the AFCAD doesn't have the concept of a "terminal drop point for baggage", unless the AFCAD designer puts a vehicle parking spot in a location that might be suitable for that.

Of course, if the AFCAD has been badly designed, with unconnected nodes or parkings that are not reachable, the vehicles will have troubles, but that would create lots of other issues, even if GSX wasn't involved.

cdnavi8r

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 05:48:18 pm »
So what I would need to do is add vehicle links around the airport and also to and from every gate? I could also create some going into the terminal?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 06:39:33 pm »
That's where the bags go to be examined and all valuables removed before the bags are delivered to the terminal!!!  ;)

Commonly known as going through customs.   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

cdnavi8r

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 07:52:14 pm »
Well, I completely recreated the AFCAD for Calgary's airport with vehicle links going in and out of the terminal.  I will test and post my result.  Fingers crossed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 10:00:01 pm »
So what I would need to do is add vehicle links around the airport and also to and from every gate? I could also create some going into the terminal?

That would surely help them doing more realistic paths, and you could also simulate terminal dropping points for baggage that way.

However, even without any of them, GSX will still work, its vehicles will of course had to run over the taxiways, but they will work nonetheless.

cdnavi8r

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 01:40:54 am »
Alright gents,

Here's what I have so far. I have included all the vehicle links as the real counterpart shows them, in the AFCAD.  I even included links inside the terminal buildings where vehicles can enter and exit.

However, since I've included all the vehicle links, the baggage carts still drive to the taxi lines and drive away to the unknown "customs" area.  I have no idea what to do next  :(

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:42:42 am by cdnvi8r »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 11:23:43 am »
However, since I've included all the vehicle links, the baggage carts still drive to the taxi lines and drive away to the unknown "customs" area.  I have no idea what to do next

Your screenshot doesn't show all the airport (it might have been probably easier if you just posted the AFCAD itself, since it's likely smaller than the screenshots...), but from what I can see, you have some vehicles paths crossing taxiways.

Please, describe precisely a situation of which parking you selected, and which taxiways the vehicles crossed, and post the AFCAD so we can verify it.

meshman

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 03:17:43 pm »
However, since I've included all the vehicle links, the baggage carts still drive to the taxi lines and drive away to the unknown "customs" area.  I have no idea what to do next  :(

All the vehicle links are nice, but they do nothing if they are not attached to the parking spot link. These unattached paths can create visual flavor, but for vehicle routing there has to be linked access. Since your vehicle links don't attach themselves to the parking spot, regular taxiways links and nodes are used.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 06:45:35 pm »
That's correct too, it's absolutely fine, and it's the right thing to do, that vehicle paths don't touch the taxiways, so you'll minimize the chance for ground vehicles clashing into airplanes, but their paths should be connected to the parking spots, otherwise they won't be used by GSX

cdnavi8r

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 06:39:32 pm »
Alright, so if I understand correctly, I'll have to attach a vehicle link from every parking spot to a vehicle link connected to the terminal?  Let me give that a shot and I will post my findings. This is becoming more of a task than I originally thought..LOL.  That's a lot of airports to work with!!!...LOL  I'll keep you guys posted.