Author Topic: Minor bug in my GSX  (Read 4374 times)

Yellowjack

Minor bug in my GSX
« on: February 22, 2012, 01:52:22 am »
Hi,

I have only recently purchased GSX and I have a minor glitch show up. When I receive the question if I am ready for pushback there are two anwers given in a meeasge box being "1. Yes" and "2 No". However, on my installation they work in reverse i.e when I select or press "1 Yes" the pushback tractor and marshaller dissapear and when I select or press "2 No" the pushback truck and marshaller start the pushback process. So the options are reversed. I don't know whether it is my installation or a general issue.

Is there anyway I can fix it?

Keep up the good work this is a great product. BTW is it possible to replace the default MS ground vehicles with GSX models it would certainly give more realism to airports to have this consistency?

toriu

Re: Minor bug in my GSX
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 02:07:29 am »
This is not meant to be answered, just ignore, then he will ask you to release brakes.
HAF932 850WPSU X58Chipset I7-920(OC@4.0Ghz)
12GBDDR3-1600MHz Radeon5850-1GBx2 W7HP64bit
FSX-Accel REX-Essential UTEur/USA FDC PFE TrafficX
FTX-PFJ,FTX-CRM,FTX-NRM,FTX-PNW,UK2000-EGLL
FSDT-GSX,FSDT-KJFK,FSDT-CYVR, fsgenesis CS-767
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

[img]http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_

Yellowjack

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 04:48:48 am »
Not so, this mesage box comes before any pushback hook up has started. Brakes aren't released until the tractor is hooked up nad the marshaller is ready

pablo636

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 12:59:41 pm »
I don't have this choice..after he says, if I'm ready for pushback, he begins without any confirmation

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 01:26:34 pm »
I confirm it's not a bug and there's nothing to fix, except maybe just the wording of the message, so you won't be confused thinking you have to acknowledge that message, when you don't.

That message is just something to get your attention ( in Beta, it used to say "1, 2, 3 - headphones check" ), you are not supposed to reply to it. In fact, if you press CTRL+F12 and read the window Title, is saying "Cancel pushback ?" so the Yes/No question refers to the cancellation, and if fact it's exactly what it does, if you select Yes, the Pushback is canceled.

We'll change the message with something like "Captain, this is ground crew, we are ready for pushback" so it would be more clear it's not a question you are supposed to answer.

Yellowjack

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 08:08:32 pm »
Thanks for that, now I have a complete answer that makes sense. I find it difficult to read those one line messages across the top of the screen in red on a green background.