Author Topic: couati updates  (Read 7182 times)

centenaryman

couati updates
« on: February 21, 2012, 02:11:50 pm »
hi,,,each time i load up and run fsx i seem to always get an update required for couati,,,,is this normal are you updating the prog very often?

thanks for any info

andy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couati updates
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 02:20:10 pm »
We updated it yesterday, and before that the 16th so, if you are getting an update prompt each time you start FSX then no, it's not normal.

centenaryman

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 02:44:01 pm »
thanks,,,i got yesterdays update,,,,and again it updated about 2hrs ago when i started fsx,,,so i`ll keep a watch on it and see what happens,,,thanks for the info

Andy

spidierox

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 01:13:54 pm »
Hi,

I have the same problem here..trying to find a log file to see what happens.
I noticed because the fixes which are adressed were the same.
Need to investigate further

spidierox

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 01:22:08 pm »
I just noticed that the updater mentioned something about XPOI's not installed. I think if I recall correctly there is a product Points of Interest for FSX. Are those messages related to that ? I do not own P.O.I. for fsx btw
Still looking for a log file - even reading the manual now

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 01:26:59 pm »
I have the same problem here..trying to find a log file to see what happens.

What do you mean with "same problem" ? We don't think the other user had a problem to begin with. Please describe *exactly* what you are seeing, how many times you are prompted to update and what you are doing when the update screen comes out, and what happens after you do that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 01:33:19 pm »
I just noticed that the updater mentioned something about XPOI's not installed. I think if I recall correctly there is a product Points of Interest for FSX. Are those messages related to that ? I do not own P.O.I. for fsx btw

I don't see how this could be a problem: the updater is just reporting what is doing, and is just checking if you have installed any of the  Couatl-related plugins it knows about.

If you don't have a product installed, it can't say anything different than reporting it hasn't found it, so there's nothing to download for it.

It's not that progress bar could be confused with an error message, if the updater was trying to communicate an error, be sure it would really looked like an error, not just a regular progress bar, which is there just to give feedback that something is happening and the program is not stuck, doing something you don't know...

Still looking for a log file - even reading the manual now

I don't understand what log you are referring to. There's no log anywhere, unless you have an error message while in FSX.

spidierox

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 01:54:25 pm »
Ok, so what happens each time I start FSX Couatl says there is an update. I click , a zip files gets downloaded, installs and then restart the coautl engine. So no log files =no errors. If I ask now for a Live update the engine says to re-install the latest update, which I think is normal as the update did went fine. The thing was that I got almost every day I started with FSX I got a new update announcement but each time it said Update: February 20,2012 each time. That's were I got confused.I have downloaded and installed that one already.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 02:17:13 pm »
The thing was that I got almost every day I started with FSX

Please try to be more precise, "almost every day" is not a very helpful indication.

Do you have the update notification EVERY time you start FSX, or just once every day or two, then if you apply the update it doesn't reappear anymore for a day or two ?

spidierox

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 02:50:52 pm »
I`ll keep a watch on it and see what happens
Thanks for the info

spidierox

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 04:26:57 pm »
In the product support for GSX I see a topic just now: GSX tries to update after update.
You see I wasn't going mad. I even believe you posted in that topic too.
Anyway I'll monitor that one for now.
Thanks for help