Author Topic: Activation doesn't work  (Read 18340 times)

mozart

Activation doesn't work
« on: February 20, 2012, 10:34:31 pm »
I have re-installed GVA on my new machine with Windows7 64bit. Entered the activation code. However, instead of the usual confirmation "your product is active and the key is backed up" or something similar I get nothing. And indeed after some time buildings disappear and I only see the trial version.

How can I fix this? I have previously installed the addon manager independently and successfully installed my old C9 Amsterdam.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Activation doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 10:46:56 pm »
If you don't get any message, it means you type the serial number entirely wrong, or you typed it right, but with another product selected.

You need to insert your Serial Number. The Serial Number is indicated as "Serial Number" on your purchase receipt. It's not the Order Number or the SKU Number, it's the Serial Number, and it's only listed on your full purchase receipt.

Enter it exactly as it is, don't skip anything, including hyphens, and don't confuse the letter "O" with the number "0" and vice versa.

mozart

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 11:31:06 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply.

Just to make sure I am looking at the right thing here: would it be starting with "GEN-"?

If not then indeed I have the wrong number noted down in my password collection (actually copy-pasted it) and I'll look for my receipt. Hope to find it...

mozart

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 11:47:47 pm »
EDIT/UPDATE: I think I am good. I used the e-commerce support function and got a copy of my receipt with my correct serial number. For some reason I must have kept a version for the Geneva I was using previously (sim-wings) instead of the FSDT product which I purchased later.

In any case, thanks for the quick response and bravo for the flawlessly working support function in the e-commerce platform.

Buona notte.