Author Topic: GSX Tries to update after it updates....  (Read 25279 times)

WilliamJSS

GSX Tries to update after it updates....
« on: February 19, 2012, 07:45:45 pm »
Hello all,

About every 2nd time I open FSX, GSX will ask me if I want to update....when I click on the changelog, it will show now I think from the 14th, no later than that I am sure, as to when the update was pushed.

I have done this 2 times now, and just again last night, received the update message.

I am sure it is a issue on my end, as I see no other posts from what I gather have been made on this.

Virus software is off, and running the whole shabang as admin...anything else you think might be hanging me up from getting and keeping this update? Seems like I am in a loop.

Thanks for any help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Tries to update after it updates....
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 07:58:27 pm »
when I click on the changelog, it will show now I think from the 14th, no later than that I am sure, as to when the update was pushed.

Can you double check the date ? Because the release log that is up now it's from Feb. 16th.

WilliamJSS

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 10:18:51 pm »
Im dumb, it was the 16th.

I am showing updated/modified files for the 16th, but it still tried to do it again the other day. Unsure as to if this may be a permissions problem on my part.

Drumcode

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 10:25:57 pm »
Im dumb, it was the 16th.

I am showing updated/modified files for the 16th, but it still tried to do it again the other day. Unsure as to if this may be a permissions problem on my part.

It did it for me too yesterday, even though I've already downloaded the latest update.

pete_auau

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 03:05:20 am »
yea    keeps happening  to me  i  get  the   coulti update   to be updated  just about  every  time    even though  i downloaded the lastest  stand alone  manager  the good thing is  that  is that u dont have to exit  the  fsx

curt1

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 12:05:11 am »
Yes, it keeps happening to me also.  When I get the update notice, I usually check option #2 to see what is included in the update.  After I realize I've already installed it, I X out of the window and then I have a message stating that it's already been previously installed.  Not a major problem, but one to resolve if possible. 

Morten

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 12:29:00 am »
Same here!

oz10tashus

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 01:12:45 am »
Me too  ::)
Cheers,
Paul

Manta

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 01:28:36 pm »
+1

JPL19

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 01:31:06 pm »
+1 here too.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 01:35:13 pm »
Just checked, and it doesn't happen here.

Are you being prompted to do a minor update ( a "Couatl update" without having to restart FSX ) or a major update ( an "Addon Manager update" that requires restart ) ?

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 01:58:36 pm »
Just checked, and it doesn't happen here.

Are you being prompted to do a minor update ( a "Couatl update" without having to restart FSX ) or a major update ( an "Addon Manager update" that requires restart ) ?

Happens here too, but not on every FSX load. It's a minor update, without restarting FSX, but with a Couatl restart requested after the download completes.

Pete

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 02:22:21 pm »
What happens if you explicitly check for updates as soon as Couatl restarted ? Does the menu saying you already have the latest update installed, or there's a new update again ?

WilliamJSS

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 03:42:18 pm »
It does not happen every single time I load up, and the Feb 20th update, so far, I have not gotten another notice to update.
But it was happening, even when I manually checked for updates...it would say I was ok...then if I shut down, and loaded it back, it would ask me to update...

But, I have closed and opened FSX about 5 times now since the one on the 20th was released and downloaded...so knock on wood.

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 03:50:37 pm »
It does not happen every single time I load up, and the Feb 20th update, so far, I have not gotten another notice to update.
But it was happening, even when I manually checked for updates...it would say I was ok...then if I shut down, and loaded it back, it would ask me to update...

But, I have closed and opened FSX about 5 times now since the one on the 20th was released and downloaded...so knock on wood.

All that applies here too ... reloaded FSX at least 4 times in last 24 hours without another notice.

Pete