Author Topic: Lost ATC Sound at Geneva  (Read 11108 times)

wardp

Lost ATC Sound at Geneva
« on: February 19, 2012, 06:13:32 pm »
I seem to have lost some ATC sound at Geneva. It all works fine until I request taxi clearance, I hear the pilots voice requesting taxi clearance but the ATC window jumps to Acknowlwdge Clearance and I don't hear which runway to take off on. When I acknowledge the clearance again I don't hear the response. I have checked the messages in the Kneeboard but thay are not shown there either. When I get to the right end of the runway and tune to the tower for take off clearance it all works fine. I have tried this 4 times and it still doesn't work properly.

Any ideas what might be the cause or a possible fix.

Regards
Phil

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Lost ATC Sound at Geneva
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 08:01:29 pm »
I've checked now, and it worked normally. Have you asked a VFR or IFR clearance ? Did you use a Flight plan, or just called the ATC ?

It's possible you have another AFCAD in conflict, try to use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to see if you have duplicates for LSGG.

wardp

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 06:51:32 pm »
I am using an IFR flightplan created in the FSX flight planner and went through the proper procedures.
I have used the airport sxanner and the only 2 bgl files it cinds for Geneva are
AFX_LSGG.BGL & AP_LSGG.BGL
which are shown under scenery layer 230 FSD Geneva.

There is also a file there AFX_LSGG>BGL 6-2-2012 19-25-25.Bak and there are similar files in my other FSD scenery folders - are these to do with GSX ?

Regards
Phil

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 09:18:03 pm »
AFX_LSGG.BGL & AP_LSGG.BGL

That's the problem, you should have only the AFX one.

wardp

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 03:28:25 pm »
Thanks that's solved the problem.

Regards
Phil

Selkan

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 05:51:36 pm »
Hi Virtuali, having the same problem, but unable to locate Scenery Layer 230 to see if I have AP_LSGG.BGL.  Can you give me a clear step by step Path so I can check?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 08:39:09 pm »
Hi Virtuali, having the same problem, but unable to locate Scenery Layer 230 to see if I have AP_LSGG.BGL.  Can you give me a clear step by step Path so I can check?

The Layer number is entirely not relevant, and of course it's different for every user, and it also doesn't have any meaning to the actual location on your hard drive so, it's not useful if you need to search for a file.

All our sceneries are installed in the FSX\fsdreamteam folder.

Selkan

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 10:56:27 am »
Actually that's what I thought, hence not finding Scenery Layer 230.  I have had a look in FSD LSGG Scenery folder and do not have AP_LSGG.BGL in there, so that is not my problem.  There is a file AP-LSGG.BGL xxxxxxx (lots of numbers), but from the Post above this one should be there?

My problem is exactly the same as the original Post; any other thoughts?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 02:15:06 pm »
There is a file AP-LSGG.BGL xxxxxxx (lots of numbers), but from the Post above this one should be there?

Yes, that's a backup the updater made but, since it has a BAK extension, not a BGL extension, is not read by FSX. Of course, you should have the AFX_LSGG.BGL file, which is the most current version.

Selkan

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 05:12:11 pm »
Yes, I have AFX_LSGG.BGL in there; any other thoughts to the problem?

Do you ever take a day off?!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 06:25:16 pm »
I'm sorry but, it seems you have everything in place so, the most likely cause it's another AFCAD from another product/scenery, try to use the free FSX Airport Scanner to search for AFCAD duplicates.

Selkan

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 08:05:30 pm »
O.K., I spotted this 'Airport Scanner' in posts, but not sure where it is?  Must be built in somewhere as not on product page as a freebie.  Can you direct me to it please.

Sunday evening, put your feet up!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 08:23:34 pm »
Searching for "FSX Airport Scanner" would result on the developer's site on the first hit:

http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk/

Selkan

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 09:48:14 am »
Many thanks

smurphy

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 09:46:44 pm »
I am having the same problem  with no ATC sound  requesting taxi clearance i have only just got this one the other day and i have check i have only got AFX_LSGG.BGL
FSCaptain  ASN