Author Topic: LSGG RWY 23 ILS Identifier.  (Read 6286 times)

G.Bosak

LSGG RWY 23 ILS Identifier.
« on: July 20, 2013, 02:37:36 am »
Hi Umberto,

it seems there is an issue with Rwy23 ILS Approach (LSGG v1.5) and the NGX.

The ILS identifier is being recognized too late, so the NG always does an IAN approach (G/P) instead of G/S.

I've attached the situation.

Beside of that i just noticed a new installer 1.5.1 being hosted meanwhile. Is there any possibility to get informed about version changes without trial & error downloading it?

thank you,
regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LSGG RWY 23 ILS Identifier.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 10:33:52 am »
it seems there is an issue with Rwy23 ILS Approach (LSGG v1.5) and the NGX.

This means it doesn't happen with other airplane ?

The ILS identifier is being recognized too late, so the NG always does an IAN approach (G/P) instead of G/S.

Checking the AFCAD, the ILS is correctly set in the scenery with a range of 27.03NM, like all the other ILS in the scenery, is set to the correct frequency of 109.90, and there are no frequency conflicts either in the scenery so, the problem is not the scenery.

So, either the NGX has a problem with its own internal database, or it's being confused by another scenery that uses the same frequency and so it has caused a conflict. Whenever you use an airplane that uses its own internal database, always check that first, just as in this case:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=8308.msg68192#msg68192

Beside of that i just noticed a new installer 1.5.1 being hosted meanwhile. Is there any possibility to get informed about version changes without trial & error downloading it?

There's an automatic notification but, since some users said it was annoying, we added the ability of turn it off so, if you ever turned it off in the past, it won't notify you of any changes.

And, not all updates use this features, if they are not significant, we don't issue any notification, sometime it's just the installer being updated usually to fix things caused by other products installers that mess up with FSX, so the version changes, but the actual scenery hasn't.

G.Bosak

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 11:45:20 pm »
Hi Umberto,

thank you for your very fast reply and sorry for my late response. ;)

You had asked me if this happened with other machines. We both know the the NGX is very unique. So it's not easy to find another airliner in my hangar which can actually
deal with IAN approaches.

But i did the flight again and rechecked that situation!

I still think it has to do with the much too late finding the ILS identifier.

When i am established LOC 1,9NM before "SPR", glideslope is alive. If i press the "APP" button now (what i'd normally do in this situation),
the NGX will still do an IAN. (Distance is 17,7+1,2+1,9]
If i hit the approach button just a moment before 17.7DME (= GS capture distance) the ILS works as it should.

The strange thing i am wondering here is, why is the LOC and GS alive as it should in PFD and the ILS identifier [ISW] still not? It's is the only airports were
the NG doesn't work as it should.

Is it possible to gain the ILS distance here, I'd give it another try.

regards

srcooke

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 02:53:39 pm »
Hello ?

I don't believe this is a unique problem to LSGG or FSDT as there are similar issues at other airports by other developers. Maybe a navigation database issue.

Sent you a PM.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

G.Bosak

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 04:49:05 pm »
Hi stephen,

i'm using Navigraph database. Of course there are some addon airports in FSX with wrong ILS identifiers, which activates the IAN, too.
Btw. LOWW as far as i remember works fine with NGX at least with navigraph cycles.

But the problem here is not a wrong identifier, i checked the database. So your maybe is a different one.

regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 06:46:29 pm »
As I've said, if the problem doesn't appear with any other airplane, it's either a problem of the database or the NGX itself. If the scenery had a problem, it would manifest just the same with any other airplane.

Fact that doesn't happen anywhere else, doesn't have to be related to the the scenery.

For example, if there's another nearby navaid with the same frequency in conflict (and this might be caused by navdata updates clashing with the actual scenery in FSX), the NGX might REACT to the proximity conflict differently than FSX itself or a default airplane BECAUSE its strategy of relying on the scenery data OR the navdata, which might NOT be the same across all instrumentation. We can't obviously say for sure, that would be a question for PMDG.

Again, the key is ALWAYS checking with a default airplane first, and THEN (IF the default airplane have the same problem) we might start discussing the scenery.

Which of course, as my previous message confirmed, and as anyone can easily verify with any AFCAD editor such as ADE or AFX, has the ILS with the correct frequency, ID and ranges set.