Author Topic: Partially invisible GSX objects at destination  (Read 9067 times)

deetee

Partially invisible GSX objects at destination
« on: February 18, 2012, 06:53:26 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I would like to report that often after I land at the destination airport I see anomalies with the GSX objects.

For instance, this afternoon I landed at EGPD with the PMDG 737-700 NGX. The follow-me vehicle was invisible apart from the driver and wheels. I followed the floating driver to the parking spot whereupon I saw the marshaller's head; his body was invisible. I requested deboarding and noticed the forward stairs were invisible except for the driver and the canopy (the rear was fine). The bus arrived and it was just like the follow-me car; invisible except for the driver.

Like I said this nearly always happens to me at the destination, only once I've seen it at the departure airport. In all other respects FSX is fine; I don't see any other anomalies. I realise of course the NGX is quite heavy graphics-wise, so I'd be interested to see if other NGX flyers have seen similar issues. I may fly the iFly 737 for a few flights to see if that makes a difference as it's a little less demanding.

Cheers
David

Edit: Just wanted to add that Advanced Animations are ON, and GSX works fine most of the time so not an FSX configuration problem.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 06:56:39 pm by deetee »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Partially invisible GSX objects at destination
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 07:17:45 pm »
if the Advanced animations are on, it's possible it's a video driver problem or an FSX tweak that shouldn't be applied.

Try to move your FSX.CFG file located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX to a different folder, so FSX will rebuild a new one with all default settings.

fls

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 08:29:08 pm »
Tried doing this fix and it did not help me but thanks for trying?

Frank

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 09:17:38 pm »
Try updating video drivers and/or reset the video driver to its default settings too.

deetee

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 10:47:49 pm »
Thanks!
My FSX.cfg has very few tweaks, but for the sake of testing I'll create a new one (that will recompile the shaders too). My video driver is the current WHQL Nvidia, 285.62. I'm using my own Nvidia Inspector profile; again I'll reset it to defaults.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 10:49:23 pm by deetee »

Selkan

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 11:44:51 am »
deetee, I had a similar problem with transparent buildings a while back, and always at arrival airport.  This fixed it for me; it might help with your particular problem.

Go to your FSX.cfg file, and firstly Back it Up; somewhere safe, perhaps just on Desktop.

Under [GRAPHICS] heading add this line:-

HIGHMEMFIX=1

If this dosn't help, then either remove or replace with backup

deetee

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 10:54:14 pm »
deetee, I had a similar problem with transparent buildings a while back, and always at arrival airport.  This fixed it for me; it might help with your particular problem.

Go to your FSX.cfg file, and firstly Back it Up; somewhere safe, perhaps just on Desktop.

Under [GRAPHICS] heading add this line:-

HIGHMEMFIX=1

If this dosn't help, then either remove or replace with backup
Thank you that works much better, all is visible again on arrival! :)
Funnily enough I had this line in a while back, but I must have rebuilt my fsx.cfg and forgotten to put it back in.

Selkan

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 10:20:40 am »
deetee, glad to have been of help.  I know this has worked for some, but not others.

Quentoche

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 10:42:54 pm »
Thank you for the advice, because I had the same problem, and the marshaller was invisible : hard to park well ;)

Your product, fsdt, is really great !