Author Topic: parking marshal  (Read 3998 times)

LISMICK 246

parking marshal
« on: February 17, 2012, 11:01:41 pm »
 :-\the marshal tells me to stop well beyond the ground markings, so in some cases the jetway wont line up with my aircrafts front exit, my aircraft is the ifly737ng i am using f.s.x. on windows 7 with 64bit o.s. he then tells me that was not a good parking well thanks a lot l.o.l.

but the GSX is overall a great little program that can only get better as all the bugs get ironed out well done dream team, i converted from A.E.S. as soon as i saw this. and i look forward to your further development of it

meshman

Re: parking marshal
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 04:35:35 am »
Somebody (Umberto), is going to want to know what airport and what spot.

I can also attest that what the underlying airport file says as to where the parking spot is, can be different than what the ground polygon and it's texture markings show. If so, it's a problem with whomever did the airport work. If it's not an add on airport, then you can blame Umberto.  ::)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 10:54:51 am »
If so, it's a problem with whomever did the airport work. If it's not an add on airport, then you can blame Umberto.  ::)

Not really.

Even default airports doesn't have parking tee correctly set, GSX will always try to park in ONE position, which is: placing the center of the airplane (the red cross you see in the Top Down view) in the center of the parking as defined by the AFCAD.

It CAN customized, and very precisely, but the scenery has to be made for this.

Lawgiver

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 10:05:21 am »
Hi Umberto,

Am I right in assuming (hate to use that word) that the default AFCADS can be modified in adjusting the center back just a bit so the AC is parked on the Tee?

Regards,
Rob